Kopaka 2020

I posted this version of Kopaka on IG and someone asked me why I’ve made so many over the years.

I’m not really sure why I keep getting inspired to make new ones.

Maybe it’s because there are so many white, silver and gray parts that I can improvise with those colors all day long and come up with new variations. So it’s just kind of easy to keep going back to that well.

At the end is a collage of all 9 of my previous Kopakas. There were a couple good ones in there. But I think this newest one is my favorite.

Prisma

2015 - 2020 versions

36 Likes

You are one step closer to becoming Ghid

5 Likes

Okayyy. What is that tho?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know

13 Likes

it’s called an addiction. Generally seen as a bad thing. Not as bad as this though:

Quite a nice build, though it’s not my favorite of your Kopakas.

7 Likes

Thanks! Which one is your favorite?

1 Like

Wait, that Akaku guy I’ve been seeing floating around; that’s you, @Ghid?
Or is it from something else?
Someone please tell me.

2 Likes

Uh well ysee that’s not me that’s photographic proof of Akaku-Man

8 Likes

I think I’d have to say this one. Not totally sure why. Possibly because of the mask, possibly because that one’s closest to my own building style.

1 Like

I envy the shield design on the 2020 Mata one.

3 Likes

I actually think the number seven is my favorite.

2 Likes

His stomach kind of… sinks inward. Also I’m not sure how I feel about the feet. Other than that, it’s a really cool build. I like how you used the Hordika limbs as the lower legs.

Out of 'em all, I think the 2020 Mata version is my favorite. You’ve done a lot of impressive builds, though.

Really great revamp! Probably the best one of these, although I do like the one with the sled.

1 Like

Tahu lost his conciousness after seeing those.
I think all of them are quite a company to chill out with.
I like all of them, though CCBS ones are not so good as old-styled ones. 4, 5, 8, 9, 10 (the one above) are my favorites.
How it is that sword is transparent in the second Kopaka???

Thanks!

That sword is from a bootLego set.

1 Like

They actually exist in trans blue, and come from the aquagon set. The ones in the set weren’t as see-through, but they still were in the same color. Here’s a link to the bricklink page of the piece.

2 Likes

I know, I have plenty of those blades, in a variety of colors, but they all are more-or-less solid colors, so I was surprised to see actually transparent ones here - bootleg has better pieces than Lego. Huh. :thinking:

1 Like