Kopaka GWP MOC Contest Entry: The NITRON-UNIVERSE (NITRON and the Armor Commandos, Villains and more!)

Here it is, my magnum opus. NITRON!

(NITRON striking a pose in the middle of AXIOM City, Nitron’s home, the city he protects. but he’s not the only one)

well of course my entry for the GWP Kopaka contest was going to be my self MOC, NITRON himself!

(Here’s the self MOC without the background)

he’s come a long way since 2007, hasn’t he?

(Nitron self MOCs, from 2007-08 and 2015-16, to 2023)

and in case you didn’t know, he’s made the leap to 3D

(NITRON made in Autodesk Maya)
here’s Nitron’s showcase video i made in 2020
But lets get back to the MOC.

Thank goodness for the LEGO Optimus Prime set, or else NITRON wouldn’t have his iconic mouth plate!

That’s right, he’s got a sword too!

(he calls his sword the “Tron-Calibur”)

and finally, a 360 spin!
NITRON GWP 360

Back then, NITRON, (who’s always been a human in a powersuit) teamed up with 4 special Toas who have vortrixx heads instead of proper mask wearing heads, alongside NITRESS (another human in a powersuit.

that was before, and this it the Brand new, entirely original Story NITRON:

• His fight is on earth set in the distant future, protecting AXIOM City and the energy source his Company, CHROMA LABS discovered, The “Crystal-Gizer” (Pronounced: Crystal-JAI-ZUR) from the forces of evil.

• Meanwhile, he must also uncover the mystery of the Crystal-Gizers, it’s origins and it’s true potential for the betterment of mankind.

• However, with his rogue’s galley ranging from evil robots under the command of BIO-DRONE, to mysterious outer worldly forces such as “The Darkrons” and even a secret organization that is plotting to control all of humanity once more, NITRON has his work cut out for him… Luckily, he is NOT alone…

Introducing, the Armor Commandos! an elite team of Armored heroes NITRON himself recruits over time to fight off evil forces and keep Axiom City safe.

Their names are:

(From top left to bottom right: SOUNDIA, REDMARK, SILVER VOLTAGE and NITRESS)

and just like NITRON, they too have 3D counterparts:

-Update: added all their renders here too-

Soundia renders

Redmark renders

Silver Voltage renders

Nitress renders

-UPDATE: ADDED Bios, secret sixth hero and villains in main post

Bios

NITRON:
-Once was an intern for Chroma Labs, he is now the founder and head of the company’s Crystal-gizer experimental/R&D/Hero division “PROJECT: NITRON”. With the help of Chroma Lab’s A.I, A.U.R.A, he has created Power Armor to protect the Crystal energy source from the wrong hands, and keep AXIOM CITY from ruin.

SOUNDIA:
-As an orphan, she lost her voice at a young age during a lightning storm and had built an artificial voice box to regain them. Years later, she was recruited by Sector 20 for her talents and skills. Her specialized suit can use her own Soundwaves as weaponized attacks as well as imitating other voices for espionage. Eventually, she joins Nitron as the second member of his hero team, The Armor Commandos.

REDMARK:
-Was part of Russia’s special Task Force until a mission went horribly wrong. He was dishonorably discharged and became a hired Mercenary for an organization called “The Machination”. However, after encountering NITRON several times, he defected and joined the Armor Commandos. With his sheer strength and marksmanship, he’s become the Muscle and Sharp Shooter of the team.

SILVER VOLTAGE:
-Worked for Chroma Labs researching electromagnetic technology until he eventually left to pursue his own business. After a mishap where his tech was stolen and used for crime, he formed a partnership with Chroma Labs through the “Project” NITRON" program and joined the Armor Commandos. His new power suit can conduct electricity, and is equipped with two shoulder-pods that can detach and hover independently. he also has his “electro-Flying board” to take the fight to the skies. He legally changed his last name to “Tesla” after the famous inventor “Nikola Tesla”

NITRESS:
-She’s been a loyal friend to John Bright for a long time who motivated him to create the “Project: NITRON” program after the BIO-DRONE incident. For a while, she would help NITRON in a number of missions with only her fighting skills and improvised planning. She would join the Armor commandos officially when she finally donned her NITRESS Power armor. Being highly skilled with dual blades, her power suit is equipped with hi-tech blades that can emit powerful Green plasma energy with every strike.

Secret Sixth hero

A.U.R.A

Villains

BIO-DRONE

Bio-Droids

TECHNARIS

FROSTBYTE

I.O.N Sisters

ARSON-NUL

BONUS hero

PINK-KABUTO

Now most of you might be surprised about all of this, or in some way, I’m betraying what came before or something. But please understand, that this is NITRON’s definitive story, something I’ve been making for a very, VERY long time. Bionicle has always been a part of my childhood and it’s influence DID inspire me to make nitron’s story a reality (whenever that happens D:) but it isn’t the only thing that gave me inspiration.
my Story has been inspired by multiple other superhero stories like Iron Man, Tokusatsu like Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Metal Heroes especially, and lets not forget, Power Rangers and last but not least, video games like the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

all of this, and the spark of imagination I had as a child when I watched an anime called Metabots more specifically, the main robot called Metabee, was the culmination of what you see in my entry.

It is not JUST a Self MOC, it is my Legacy.
This IS

THE NITRON-UNIVERSE

(If you liked everything I have created, and are curious about my story, consider giving a like to this post. it means a lot to me. And it’ll let me know that people are interested in my stuff so I’ll definitely post more content here in the future)

-FINAL UPDATE-
I made a video in my YouTube channel featuring all the GWP MOCs in this entry, go watch it!

47 Likes

Dude I love the look of these and the whole story atmosphere of it. Really awesome dude

5 Likes

Thank you! i think the GWP style has sparked even MORE inspiration. I might end up making every character i made in this style XD

5 Likes

I love the helmet design you made for Redmark! Was it based on Furno’s helmet?

5 Likes

Thank you.
Actually, funny enough, Redmark’s design was inspired by the royal guard’s armor underneath their robes in the Star Wars expanded Universe:
royal guard EU
Eventually, I’ve also based his design on Spartan Soldiers from Halo.

However, his helmet is essentially based on human skulls but more simplified. Though the antenna was added very recently, like in this brick built version of the character.

But, I CAN see the influence of Furno’s helmet design on Redmark’s

5 Likes

Have more renders of NITRESS:

Bio coming soon…

5 Likes

Nice! That’s a great torso build, especially with the waist articulation!

4 Likes

INCOMING!
Here’s SILVER VOLTAGE!

He gets around in his “Electro-Flyingboard”

4 Likes

Another post!

Have more pictures of SOUNDIA!

With her weaponized Guitar (that’s also an energy axe) she can blow anyone away with her shock-waves!

5 Likes

Soundia rocks. She kinda reminds me of Galetea from The Bicentennial Man

5 Likes

and finally, we got REDMARK

Equipped with customized Dual pistols:

Bios for each member are coming this week

5 Likes

Incoming Bios:

NITRON'S Bio:

NITRON:
-Once was an intern for Chroma Labs, he is now the founder and head of the company’s Crystal-gizer experimental/R&D/Hero division “PROJECT: NITRON”. With the help of Chroma Lab’s A.I, A.U.R.A, he has created Power Armor to protect the Crystal energy source from the wrong hands, and keep AXIOM CITY from ruin.

SOUNDIA's Bio:

SOUNDIA:
-As an orphan, she lost her voice at a young age during a lightning storm and had built an artificial voice box to regain them. Years later, she was recruited by Sector 20 for her talents and skills. Her specialized suit can use her own Soundwaves as weaponized attacks as well as imitating other voices for espionage. Eventually, she joins Nitron as the second member of his hero team, The Armor Commandos.

REDMARK's Bio:

REDMARK:
-Was part of Russia’s special Task Force until a mission went horribly wrong. He was dishonorably discharged and became a hired Mercenary for an organization called “The Machination”. However, after encountering NITRON several times, he defected and joined the Armor Commandos. With his sheer strength and marksmanship, he’s become the Muscle and Sharp Shooter of the team.

SILVER VOLTAGE's Bio:

SILVER VOLTAGE:
-Worked for Chroma Labs researching electromagnetic technology until he eventually left to pursue his own business. After a mishap where his tech was stolen and used for crime, he formed a partnership with Chroma Labs through the “Project” NITRON" program and joined the Armor Commandos. His new power suit can conduct electricity, and is equipped with two shoulder-pods that can detach and hover independently. he also has his “electro-Flying board” to take the fight to the skies. He legally changed his last name to “Tesla” after the famous inventor “Nikola Tesla”

NITRESS's Bio:

NITRESS:
-She’s been a loyal friend to John Bright for a long time who motivated him to create the “Project: NITRON” program after the BIO-DRONE incident. For a while, she would help NITRON in a number of missions with only her fighting skills and improvised planning. She would join the Armor commandos officially when she finally donned her NITRESS Power armor. Being highly skilled with dual blades, her power suit is equipped with hi-tech blades that can emit powerful Green plasma energy with every strike.

Enjoy learning more about my characters, more surprises to come.

5 Likes

Incoming!! code red!!
BIO-DRONE DETECTED!!!
-THIS IS NOT A DRILL-

yes, why stop at heroes when there’s villains to show off???

Here is BIO-DRONE, the main villain of NITRON’s Story!

(He has full command of his own foot soldiers, the Bio-Droids!)

BIO-DRONE's uh... Bio:

BIO-DRONE:
-Once a Brilliant Scientist in Robotics and engineering, he volunteered himself to transmit his brainwaves to robot drones. However, his experiment was sabotaged, which caused his consciousness to be transferred into the commanding drone code-named “BIO-DRONE 001”. He was unable to return to his original body for the experiment destroyed the laboratory and everyone in it. However, he quickly realized his tragedy was a gift, the next step in human evolution, to transcend from the organic and into the mechanical, although not everyone is onboard with it. And so, with his army of “BIO-DROIDs”, foot soldiers he can command on his own, he vows to convert all of humanity into Mechanical beings even if he has to by force.

(Size comparison)

so yeah, this was the surprise…

will there be more? find out during the weekend!

8 Likes

Wow! You are very talented with the GWP style of builds. That shoulder armor is quite impressive!

4 Likes

LOTS of detail and background on these characters! Very cool. And the 3-D work is impressive, too!

4 Likes

INCOMING UPDATE!

Schematics for the NITRON GWP model is online!
Click below for the pdf file:

NITRON:

NITRON GWP Instructions (now with parts list!)
Nitron’s Sword: Tron Calibur

parts NOTE

-Note: this nitron is Slightly altered, nothing TOO different, only substituting one certain lego piece to accommodate affordability:

And that piece is the metallic silver ingot pieces. turns out they are HIGHLY expensive! All because they ONLY appeared in 4 “The Lone Ranger” sets (lol remember that movie?) some US located stores in Bricklink are selling them for around 4 dollars, and nitron here uses 12 of them… sooooo yeah, that’s gonna break your bank if you want to find the pieces to make an authentic gold and silver nitron)

• So to avoid the brick market skyrocketing the value on silver ingot pieces, I replaced them with cheaper alternatives.

• or you COULD replace all silver pieces with light bluish grey pieces, but that optimus prime mouthplate only comes in silver and keetorange so far… so that’ll still have to be silver.

SOUNDIA:

Soundia GWP Instructions
Soundia’s Guitar

REDMARK:

Redmark GWP Instructions
Redmark’s weapons

SILVER VOLTAGE

Silver Voltage GWP Instructions
Silver Voltage’s Flying Board

NITRESS

Nitress GWP Instructions
Nitress Blades

HAPPY BUILDING!

5 Likes

Amazing creations!

5 Likes

-UPDATE!-

All instructions for Nitron and his hero friends alongside their weapons are online!

check out the last message above for the google drive links!

(Also, why did I go so hard on Silver’s instruction cover?)

because he’s gotta commit to the retro 80’s bit

Also I may not get to Bio-Drone/Droid’s instructions before Wednesday, so maybe it’ll be in a new, post-contest, post later in the future

5 Likes

NEW HERO INCOMING!!!

this was going to be a hard spoiler for my story, but desperate times calls for desperate measures!

*Here, is Aurora, (or A.U.R.A for short) Chroma Lab’s A.I. created a body for her own, to assist NITRON and the Armor Commandos.

she becomes the sixth and final member of the team!

now canon wise, she’s not taller than nitron, but i wanted to make A.U.R.A’s build more unique so her size was altered.

now I haven’t made her in 3D yet, but here’s a comparison with her digitally drawn version of Aura:

And this is A.U.R.A’s A.I form in case you were wondering how she looked like before gaining a body:

So that’s pretty much it. there’s only two and a half days left for me to post any more stuff, any more characters i wanna introduced will have to done like a lightning round, IF I’m able to make them on time.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to read up my post and are interested in knowing more about my world. It’s been a long time figuring out the story and perhaps one day eventually I’ll be able to share it all.

Even to those who didn’t really posted a comment on this page, your support speaks louder than words.

we’ll see how things will go for these last days, whatever the outcome is, i still think we’ve made some form of impact.

more to come, if it happens!

5 Likes

-INCOMING UPDATE!-

here’s a lighting round of the rest of the villains from the NITRON universe i wanted to present in the GWP style.

all but one have a single render shot.

here we go!

TECHNARIS

her bio

She was a former Nanite engineer who worked for Nolan Munitions. Her project involving enhancing humans with Nano-Blocks was rejected due to growing concerns about the experiment. However, with ties to the “Phantom Clan” she gained the materials needed to create herself the first human-nanite hybrid. The Experiment enhanced her physical and mental attributes, but this rapid acceleration has caused her sanity to break and lose control. She now proclaims herself as the Queen of all Nano-machines. She creates and commands a hoard of nanobots called “Techna-Nanites”, robots that can take any form. She began to have an obsession towards NITRON and would stop at nothing to make him all for herself.

FROSTBYTE

his bio

A scientist who worked for “Chroma Labs” long ago. He discovered a metal alloy after fusing rare elements called ‘Cryotanium’, a metal that alters its properties in extremely cold temperatures. Instead of using this alloy for the betterment of humanity, and spearheading the new era of science and technology, he used it for personal gain and planed to use the Cryotanium as a device to extract data at an alarming rate, faster than any supercomputer at the time. However, his plan was soon discovered, he was immediately fired and the Cryotanium was kept in a safe never to be used again. But one day, NITRON rediscovered the Alloy and used it to fight Arson-Nul’s fire constructs. The scientist resurfaced after this news, built a power suit that’ll become stronger than NITRON when it’s powered by Cryotanium once again and recruited several outcasts. Mistress Void a villainess with portal making technology, Titan-Stag a maniac in a demolition Mech suit, and the I.O.N Sisters, twins who were escaping from their country’s research facility, tired of being lab rats. His assembled team is ready to take back his Cryotanium, and steal data across the globe.

The I.O.N Sisters

their bios

Both are Twins who lived in Ukraine. They were star athletes until a terrible accident caused near fatal injuries. The twins miraculously recovered but they weren’t allowed to return to the public eye for mysterious reasons and were made to run experiments on a new type of G-Force suit that allowed the user to reach incredible speeds! They were both miserable with their new lives until a man named Frostbyte broke into the secret lab the twins were held and recruited the two. now with their ION powered speed suits, they help Frostbyte’s plans, stealing numerous items he needs for his Data extracting machine!

oh and by the way. both Twins got thigh builds too! :rofl:

And Finally, ARSON-NUL

his bio

A Mercenary who works for the highest bidder, he specializes in anything that involves fire, and lots of it. His new “Pyro-Kinesis” suit was special tailored made by his most recent client, an unknown affiliate who only speaks through a special Laptop carried by a redheaded woman in a business suit and shades, that moves rather stiff, almost robotic-like. The background on this mercenary remains a mystery, although rumor has it that the suit he was given was in fact designed by a long-time friend of his, an old flame if you will. The whereabouts of this woman are unknown, although its said that she perished long ago. However, those who cross paths with this fiery war-machine, and live, kept mentioning about his flames moving as if it they were alive, and the strangest rumor that some of the flame attacks he makes took the shape of his ‘old flame’

(this one’s the biggest GWP style build I’ve made so far. I’m not sure if it’s even considered a “GWP-Style” anymore!)

(Ironically, I cannot bend his knees without separating the calves and thighs and rotating the model before putting his legs together. It’s probably because i doubled the mixel joints)

BONUS HERO!

Pink-Kabuto!

(No Bio for her yet, she’s still quite new. and she’s also the smallest GWP build I’ve made thus far)

(a better look at her translucent pink horns, even though those pieces don’t exist in that color)

final render: EVERYONE IS HERE

(The whole roster of nitron-universe characters I’ve made during these two weeks. I have even more characters I’ve designed but I don’t want to reveal them yet, and they aren’t GWP’d built yet so it’ll be a while before i make a new post showing them off)

I hope you enjoyed the journey so far! show your support by giving my entry a like! let’s see how high up it’ll reach by the weekend!

this is… the NITRON UNIVERSE

7 Likes