Kopaka Knight of Mount Ihu

Intro:
Awhile ago (about a month ago) I decided to revamp Kopaka.
This isn’t meant to be any particular Kopaka, jus an amalgamation of different design choices I enjoyed.

MOC:

The original plan was to give Kopaka a cape similar to that of the “G3 Kopaka’s” concept art.

Couldn’t figure out how, so now he has a waist cape instead. (I really like how the transition from red to darker red going down the cape implies it’s wet from snow.)

D Y N A M I C

The legendary golden mask of Ice.

Of course Kopaka has a shield, and for his Bladed weapon I gave him a spear.

Standing guard.

Ready to stab you.

Outro:
Over all I’m really happy with how this turned out, even if I didn’t give him the caped look I was planning.
Now I just need a Pohatu to go with him.

93 Likes

This looks great! I especially love how those boots turned out.

Indeed you do.

5 Likes

Funny you should say that, those lower legs look better for pohatu imo.

Aside from the gunmetal on the shoulders I really like this. The waist cape adds a contrast I never knew I wanted.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Er, that’s black.

That’s actually one of my problems currently, this guys boots are so heavy duty I’m not sure how to out do them for Pohatu.

1 Like

Oh, even worse then, big dark chunks on the shoulders looks weird, there’s got to be a better pauldron design.

1 Like

I love the cape, but I don’t like the “boots”. The silver stands out too much.

2 Likes

Actually it’s one of my favorite parts of the MOC, though opinions will always differ.

1 Like

Perhaps it just looks better in person, that unfortunately happens too often with mocs.

2 Likes

I like it. The usage of torso plates on the legs isn’t a technique I’m personally fond off (at least, when it’s done like Tahu Master), but here it’s executed phenomenally. The compact yet dynamic look of the armoring conveys the knight motif well, and the red cloth adds some nice contrast.

2 Likes

Dang, this looks really great! I for one like his huge ‘boots’. My favorite part, though, has to be the spear; it just looks so perfect to me.

3 Likes

This was very well executed. I love the design of his torso, arms, weapon, cape and shield, it all looks really cool. My only issue is with the color scheme with all of that silver on his boots and random grey shells and black addons on his arms. Aside from that, good job!

2 Likes

Brilliant, especially the skirt and weaponry. Lower legs are a bit odd, but everything else is fantastic.

2 Likes

Pretty much my only qualm with this MOC.

But I still really like it overall.

2 Likes

The boots are a bit too bulky for my liking, but otherwise nicely done.

1 Like

I think the red cap could be a dark blue but this is amazing.

2 Likes

This is really awesome. Love the textural continuity.

I want one

3 Likes

I love it!
The overall build is a bit generic but I think it looks fine. The cape looks reallt good and I actually really like the boots. This name is certainly fitting, This Kopaka looks like he’s be spending time wandering the snowy mountains rather than anywhere else (the bulkiness and cape help with that impression). I also love how the shield is transparent as though it’s made form ice and I also like how the spear has a sword on the end so it could be used both ways. All I’d say is I think the colour scheme needs less grey on it (and maybe some more red so the cape blends in better)

1 Like

I like the nod to the red flag markers from MNOG with the skirt.

Also despite the legs being fat, they are appropriately fat and look to me like snow shoes.

3 Likes

Wonderful.

2 Likes

Man that lower leg design came out great, I love it! Great Kopaka MOV though, it’s really different from all the other Kopaka MOVs I’ve seen around. Keep up the good work!

1 Like