Kopaka Nuva - Red Star Adapted

Hi everyone!

After the warm reception my Red Star Adaptive Armor Pohatu Nuva received, I wanted to finish his fellow prisoner, everyone’s favorite Toa Nuva of Ice, Kopaka. Interpreting one of the most iconic BIONICLE characters is a bit tricky, but I think he turned out well!

In 2008, pearl dark grey was introduced into Kopaka’s color palette, and I leaned into it a bit further here. I also made a bit of a controversial choice, and made black his secondary color, taking that from the more pronounced elements from his Mata set. Like Pohatu, I wanted this design to reflect the highly advanced, perilous environment of the Red Star. Also, someone on Instagram pointed out that with the dual bladed weapons and the shoulder cannon, this take on Kopaka resembles The Predator. While I can’t unsee that now, it was not the intent, but the similarities are there.

I did want to give him a very tall, lean build, feeling that this frame fits his character well, but standing next to Pohatu, I might have made him a little too tall, but I still like him this way.

Pohatu Nuva - Red Star Adapted: Pohatu Nuva - Red Star Adapted

Hope you like him, and please leave any thoughts and criticism below!

25 Likes

Oooh, I like the shield concept and execution as a primary weapon (as Kopaka was the very first BIONICLE character to be shown to weild one). Phantoka version could use one too. Here it’s simple, but very effective.

4 Likes

@dinx Thank you! It was actually the shield pieces that spawned my interest to do this rendition of Kopaka to begin with. I think if the Phantoka version had contained a shield, it would have been almost perfect. Glad you like him, and thanks for commenting!

4 Likes

Aw yeah! He looks good. I really like the armor and greebly details and his weapons are pretty well-done. Overall really cool job on this Kopaka, very nice design!

3 Likes

@Rukah Thanks a lot! I wish I could have slightly better offensive weapons, even though I do like his claw blade, but couldn’t think of anything better. Glad you like him!

3 Likes

Looks like he’s ready to take on the zombie horde

3 Likes

@Bodi I really wanted him to look like he could take down some Red Star goons, which is part of why I leaned into the black and pearl dark grey. Glad you like him, and thanks for the comment!

2 Likes

It’s a really minor detail, but the use of the pipe pieces on the chest armour looks like a very natural connection.

3 Likes

WOW! This is impressive! I absolutely love it! Also truly great use of parts!

3 Likes

@TheJerminator Thanks a lot! Those pipe/macaroni pieces were actually one of my favorite additions to the whole model. The armor piece is great on the Inika, but looks surprisingly thin on bigger MOCs, so something had to be done.

@Powers0016 Thank you kindly!

4 Likes