Krakua, The Guardian of fortress island (ver.Bu)

Hello again, Friends! :blush:
I’ve finaly finished Toa Krakua’s revamp!

【Toa Krakua (ver.Bu)】

Kanohi : Suletu
Tool : Sonic vibration sword
Element : Sonics
Affiliation : Order of Mata Nui

Concept

【Concept】

◆Improving durability
◆Fix the illegal connection at arm(I’m not a purism, but if I can fix, do is better)
◆Add Ball-joint at his neck
◆Non-adoption of parts that are as fragile as possible
◆Make to allow his shoulders to go straight down more

Modded points

【Modded points】

The Original MOC is very fantastic, but due to its structure, his arms can’t be dropped a little.

And his long neck is very beauty, but his shoulders are competed up against the simplicity of his body structure, which makes him look different from the most famous photo when viewed from the front.
And his neck has be connected by pin, so he can’t move his head at an angle.
I tried fix little this point, with my maximum respect to original design.

I deliberately chose not to completely immobilize his shoulder joint while adding BJs to his neck.

This way, the “collar” attached to the chest armor will hold down the base of the piece, which is the material for the shoulder joint.
It preventing it from dropping any further than necessary, while still giving his shoulders a natural angle and increasing the angle at which he can lower his arms.

Of course, this modification hardly interferes with his posing, And Hic neck has get more movable!

Also, his hips, due to their structure, bury the axle-bar next to the BJs, thus inhibiting him from angling the base of his thighs.

So I used a new piece to create a gap at the base of his thighs to allow for a slight angle.

Furthermore, I added a rotating mechanism to his shin armor to make it look as if his legs were spread wide beyond their actual joints.

Kanohi Suletu

【Kanohi Suletu】

・Krakua’s Suletu having a scaly half depends on whether the scales on Kongu’s were a result of it being organic or not.
・The nature of the masks has to do with how they got them (Kongu’s one being buried for quite some time).
・Kongu’s one is “true shape”. (It’s unclear if this is a response to Krakua’s Hau-Suletu or if it is literally the regular shape as it is.)
・All(regular) Suletu’s have reptilian growth like Kongu’s.
・Inorganic Inika masks look pretty much the same as their organic counterparts.
・Inorganic Inika masks look somewhat different from their organic counterparts.

─Greg

As I explained in detail in this topic, I tried to make Suletu such that all these ambiguous references are valid as much as possible.

I interpreted this as “Kongu’s Suletu had the “right” shape, but the damaged parts were repaired with organic material when Redstar changed it” and “normal Suletu also has scales, but only in a very small area”.
So, based on KhingK’s model, I decided to add scales to the chin area.

【Action!】

He just wearing a Hau, right?

"Find the truth, no matter what barrier blocks your way. " ─Krakua

Thank you! :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

57 Likes

Awesome. I love the paint Job on the mask.

The Moc overall is a great improvement on the official model.

I like the modified mask.

But maybe find a way to put some old dark gray in the legs. And possibly replace that gunmetal piece with a dark gray version of it.

3 Likes

@Bukkey you’ve done it again! This Krakua looks very close to the original, but you fixed some issues. Nice work

3 Likes

I don’t usually like revamps, but this one is class!

1 Like

Fantastic job, as always. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thank you @Senit ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

I’m so glad!!
About chest armor, I once tried to replace to new gray armor.
However, since his mask (Hau too) and hands are old gray, I intentionally did not replace them, realizing that it was necessary for them to be in harmony with the rest of his gray. :wink:
(LEGO-Gunmetal looks include little little red colores, and it very looks between new gray and old gray)

Thank you @Rukah ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
Yes, that’s it!
Krakua is a very excellent MOC, and since there is almost no waste, I had a hard time keeping the body shape almost the same while adding range of motion as a revamp.
As a result, I was relieved to find that I was able to keep the height and body shape the same while the structure became almost completely different. :rofl: :relieved:

Thank you @ToaKebaka !

I’m really glad to this words.
I used to have the same hesitation about modifying a great Set or MOC, so I guess I can understand how you feel.
So to have you say that makes me very proud of those words. :relieved: :relieved: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you @Eilrach ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
It’s just people like you who give me feedback that allows me to continue with my BUILDING! :relieved: :relieved: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Awesome job! I’m checking options to build Krakua and your mods seem pretty spot on. One thing that I can’t figure out is how you connected the Visorak foot to the legs. What pieces did you use?

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR6pefdpdYb/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thank you @Huemus !!:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:
I’ve aleady shared the inst on my Instagram!
if you need it, please check! :wink:

3 Likes

Uff, and I as an idiot breaking my head trying to figure out how you built him. Thank you!

2 Likes

i’ll be honest, i prefer krakua with a hau. the hau is a symbol of mata nui and he is a member of the order of mata nui, so it makes sense to me that he would wear a hau-shaped suletu .just my opinion though, that inorganic suletu looks really good nonetheless.

1 Like

Amazing as always!

1 Like

No problem and You’re welcome, @Huemus !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @Enbeanie !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
Yes, as I wrote above, I was also a supporter of Hau-Suletu at first.
I still think Hau also looks good on him! :stuck_out_tongue:
(but I am Suletu-supporter now, though :rofl:)

Thank you @Biomechanical_Guy !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like