Krekka, The Smasher (The DarkHunter revamp / ver.Bu)

Hello again friends on TTV boards! :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
It’s very good to Hagah’s final vote has began! I’ve so waited the time!
And I’ve finished my new MOC!

“Krekka! You just woke up every Toa for kios around. A Toa of Fire has spotted your team and you’re about to be the guest of honor at a Dark Hunter bake. What are you going to do?”
“Smash him?”
— Nidhiki and Krekka

【Dark Hunter Krekka - ver.Bu】

Kanohi : None
Tool : Kanoka Disks, Claws, Energy handcuffs
Element : None

【Concept】
Krekka_LoMN

K01

I based the LoMN version, like my Nidhiki MOC!

In actually building him as a MOC, I paid close attention to the height difference and body shape nuances with his partner.

FFnIQsoXsAAILl4

The large gear inside the fuselage, which is also his feature, is also reproduced.
It will be easier to understand if you look at the MOC from behind!

FFnJhVsXIAMmtS6

For parts that particularly difficult to reproduce for size&shape of the piece, I’ve expelled circumstances about it once from my head, and reexamined the nuances of the design with my drawing note before building.
Therefore, the impression is similar even using different pieces!

it can opens its mouth and Disk Launcher, like movie edition of him!

" This is the end of the line, Toa! " ─Krekka

Thank you for seeing! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

81 Likes

You’ve outdone yourself. This is perfect.

1 Like

This is phenomenal.

Very nice recreation based on the movie (which is the better Krekka anyway)

As a G1 MOCist the use of CCBS shells and bones irks me a little bit, but hey, it looks really good here and also fits in well.

Only thing that kinda buggs me are the thumbs - or rather, how they are attached. Was there a specific reason why you didn’t go for a balljoint here?

2 Likes

as always, this is FANTASTIC! you’ve made an incredible glow up once again, perfection

1 Like

Another fantastic build as per usual, I especially like the use of the Nokama Hordika masks.

2 Likes

Really nice as usual. The shaping and parts usage is just glorious.

1 Like

I think I need to build this.

1 Like

Chef’s kiss

1 Like

I was waiting for it, and it didn’t disappoint at all!

Very very awesome! You did an amazing job!

1 Like

The Nokama Hordika masks are surprising quite accurate. The head is great, too. Well done!

1 Like

oh my goodness how did you make movie Krekka look good

1 Like

Nailed the movie design, this is probably one of the best Krekka’s I have ever seen.

2 Likes

As always great work @Bukkey! This build is such a great revamp!

1 Like

Honestly Miramax’s design works so well for the brute.

Great Moc! It’s always nice to see a contribution from someone with a flair for Moccing! I like this a lot.

3 Likes

Thank you @Enbeanie ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @Stuubh ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
It was harder than Nidhiki!

Thank you @Gilahu ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I’m glad to you said so! I think CCBS also useful if take care when using.:wink:
And about thumbs, the reason is this piece(white).
I used this piece on his arm, and the thumbs’s base has overlap on its connection points.
And If I use BJ, its bulge pushes the piece, and it gives always strong load damage to piece.
ダウンロード
And this connection is also special, but unlike Krakua’s arm etc., this piece does not actually collide and enough to rotate 90 degrees even if it is connected to the BJ socket in this way.(I think you can understand it if you try it)
For these reasons, I thought this connection was essentially less damaging to each pieces. :wink:

Thank you again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you @synonymforexpd ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @Brickbot99 ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I inspirated many other Krekka’s MOC!

Thank you @Rukah ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @Sonus ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I may share the inst later! :wink: :blush:

Thank you @Geetonguga ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :kissing_heart:

Thank you @Pakari ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I’m so glad to I didin’t make you disappoint! :blush: :blush:

Thank you @Atobe_Brick !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
The head was most defficult part!

Thank you @Cordax ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you @Alucia ! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
WOW I’m very glad to you said so! :no_mouth: :no_mouth: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you @Eilrach ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @TheChronicler ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
yes, I love Miramax-Krekka too!
Because I feel his design is a perfect contrast to Nidhiki: one was like a slender insect monster and the other was a muscular, relatively simple Humanoid. I love this concept! :wink: :blush: :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Ah, yeah, I see. The axle hole is below the thumb, not the pin hole. With the pin hole it might work with a balljoint, but obviously you need the axle holes where they are.

This mainly came to my attention because I tried this, too, a few days ago and found the result rather unsatisfactory. The piece looks like it fits, but I can’t help but feel that leaving it in there for long or rotating it a lot will still result in a little bit of damage.
If you just want to display it, it is absolutely the better choice in this configuration, though.

2 Likes

This is my opinion, but when the parts are “strongly” combined with each other, there is load and damage anyway.
This is also the reason why old BJ Sockets that have never been illegally connected are damaged, so in the end, “holding strongly” means “colliding with each other”.
The same is true for what is considered an “non-illegal connection”. This is a simple physics topic. :wink:

And in this case, since the connector is a soft resin part, even if there is a collision inside (I don’t feel so though), the connector side will be slightly deformed to mitigate the damage. It is almost an invisible transformation. And because it is soft, it does not “break” like hard resin. :wink:

I remember your advice helped to making my Tuyet better, and I’m very grateful to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
But after all, at least in this case, you have your way of building, and I have my way of building.
I’m very happy if you understand this! :wink: :blush:

P.S.
(By the way, I try to refrain from illegal connections on Canon Contest-MOC as possible, aside from 3DPrinted Mask. Since this is not an Entry MOC, I am weakening such self-regulation than usual! :wink:)

2 Likes

Eljay: Voting is on!
Bonkfans: Hold that thought, Bukkey posted something.

In all seriousness, this looks fantastic! The intricate and thought out part useage, proportions and detailing is just exceptional!
Your MOCs are truely something to aspire to, mixing complexity with simplicity. And I kind of want to build them all…
Great job!

(Now someone give Bukkey the Dark Hunter Book!)

2 Likes

Thank you @TLROsborne171 ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Well, of course, I tend to post MOCs as the contest progresses. because I think that the MOC may has be seen by many people, and I might be able to add a little firewood to the excitements of the contest! :wink: :joy: :revolving_hearts:

Anyway,
A famous Japanese designer says, “What is really finished is always in a simple shape.”
I don’t necessarily agree with this term because I also like complex designs, but it’s true that this idea can be very useful! :blush:
Therefore, I always pay attention to the balance of complexity and simple shapes!

3 Likes

Hero factory parts look surprisingly fitting on Krekka. Simply glorious head design.

1 Like