Krelikan (My current self-MOC, and it's history) (Updated: 04/21/23)

That’s really cool. Love me a military leader who doesn’t see his forces as expendable despite their massive numbers

2 Likes

alright, lets do this

first things first, you taped your pins, you heretic. Im fine with it, I wouldnt personally do it, but its a creative way to add friction where theres no other ways to

next, the new legs look pretty similar to the old ones, though a few minor changes Im seeing do feel better than the old ones. that extra ball in the shoulder must do wonders for posability, though overall everything seems pretty similar to the previous version, just more refined (unless theres something else Im missing).
That back is looking amazing though, its a shame itll probably be covered by a cloak half the time

3 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be doing this either under normal circumstances, but since it doesn’t seem like it’s damaging any pieces, and the pieces that are taped are very replaceable, and still produced by Lego, I allowed it.

Not much changed, just a few pieces in the lower leg, and a couple more in the uppermost. I mostly just wanted a way to bulk them up a tiny bit.

Very much so. I can get nearly human levels of flexibility with the shoulders, only really being held back by armor.

This is right. I don’t foresee big changes becoming the norm for this MOC. Small changes are all that’s left.

It’s definitely an improvement, but yes, it shall be covered soon. I’m still trying to decide if I can salvage the old cloak or not.

As always, it’s a pleasure to get your feedback.

3 Likes

This is really cool! I especially liked the history of the design you shared as well as the cape and poses. But most impressive are the feet for sure imo. That design is really unique and I may have to try that out on my own somehow… It also seems your joints are holding up well despite how heavy (assuming) the arms are. I’m having issues with my self-moc’s shoulders being too weak and I cant attach friction joints… Would tape work for ball joints as well?

3 Likes

In theory yes, but I haven’t tried it myself.

Glad you enjoyed going through the history of this MOC. If you do try to use the foot design, just be warned that balance can be an issue.

3 Likes

New cloak, images have replaced the much outdated ones on the original post.

4 Likes

Vahki Greivous/10

4 Likes

I really like the mandibles in place of where the disk launcher would be, they look really slick!

4 Likes