Kualus, the Elite Toa of Ice (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3 : Honor Guard)

Hello!

Based on the advice, I’ve improved some details! If you notice anything or have any advice, please feel free to comment. And of course, I’m open to feedback!

Here is my Toa Kualus!

• Overview

↑ Thumbnail

↑ Front View

↑ Back View

His basic structure is almost similar to Toa Iruini for the sake of matching other Toa Hagah, so I’ll omit the disassembled image.

Both Norik and Iruini set have a calm and luxurious color scheme; I thought that if I made Kualus with white, it would be too bright and not match with the other Toa Hagah, so I used Pearl Dark Gray armor and some Black parts to match the colors.

↑ Size Comparison

He has an image of being tall like other Toa of Ice, so I made him the tallest of the contest requirements.

• Kanohi

I chose Arthron because it looks cool and elitist. I like this Kanohi a lot and I hope they will use Arthron for the art contest.
This 3D model is made by KhingK. There is a link below.

• Spear

I used Staff of Disintegration in my work, but it might be cool to use Blizzard Blade with Trans-Light Blue Bar 4L(Like a Phantoka Kopaka).

• Consent for Art Contest
    • I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No (Please use Arthron; Aquatic, Non-Aquatic, or Other version)
    • I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
    • I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes

• Links
    • Kanohi Arthron, Great Mask of Sona (by KhingK)
    Kanohi Arthron, Great Mask of Sonar by KhingK - Thingiverse
    • The Bio pack (by SwampKryawa)
    Reddit - Dive into anything

Thank you so much for amazing 3D parts!
It’s been so much fun creating these pieces with unlimited parts!

25 Likes

really like this especially with the mask choice. I will say that for the sake of matching norik and iruni sets it would probably be best to keep shoulders somewhat default as opposed to ball joint even if they are cool tho lol. they do help with posing a ton tho i suppose

2 Likes

I agree, very interesting mask choice, it does make him feel like a regal and powerful Toa. Good luck.

1 Like

Really love that arm design! It’s simple but incredibly effective, and evocative of the piece it’s emulating. Good luck in the contest!

1 Like

Darn, I was hoping someone else wouldn’t give Kualus a gunmetal Arthron :laughing:
It suits him though. That’s why I gave mine the same.

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s fun having more mobility!
I’d love to see some good results!

@Hazash Yeah!
The combination of gunmetal and Arthron is great.
I’d love to see your Kualus too!

Thank you for entering.

Everything is pretty much fine, we’d just like to ask if you can take a better size comparison photo between him and Iruini. If it’s too much taller, it will likely need to be sized down. Please include that within three (3) days.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’ll hopefully post them this weekend. Here’s a sneak peek :wink:

I chose an Arthron because it somewhat resembles RSG’s Mask of Rahi Control.

5 Likes

i know also there is the fact that the art is whats cannon, and odds are artist will make shoulders match in the end. maybe could help to add a render or two of the build with default shoulders just so that they can have something to use as reference lol

1 Like

This seems to be the prevailing opinion on the main contest thread. It’s something I’d recommend doing as well.

While I’m here @macaniro I will mention that this will be a strong contender in terms of my preferences - partly because I really like it, but also because it’s very similar to mine so if you won it’d be like I half-won :wink:
That said, I will be preferentially voting for entries that allow the colour and mask to be changed, in case we get an uneven colour split or two Toa wearing the same mask.

2 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Interesting mask choic, good luck

2 Likes

Where do y’all get theses masks?

1 Like

He would be a few milimeters to high.I measured only the lower leg pieces because its the only varying factor:

Hordika leg piece to 7 cm or 2.75"
and
Rahkshi limb piece to 6.6 cm or 2.6"

As for suggestions for changes @macaniro is to either change the lower leg, have the waist lowered or attach the neck like the Vakama, Matau, Onewa or Whenua set

That’s only if you have the Hordika leg at an angle, though. If you have it straight(so the holes are parallel to the upper leg pin holes), they’re the exact same height.

The diffrence is very small but its still there however:

Either way, that difference is entirely negligible, I believe the admins have already said something like that won’t be counted.

1 Like

That’s probably just slight variation of the mold. My Hordika leg is a hair shorter than a Rahkshi leg. (I lined the up beside technic beams to check)