Lariska, the wise, wonderful, and agile Dark Hunter.

looks pretty nice! :wink:

1 Like

Really great moc that head is done well and I definitely support the type of leg design used as it makes her more creature like which is how I interpreted lariska. Also If my lariska moc doesn’t win and this moc wins instead I will be just as happy.

1 Like

I hope this wins a canon contest

1 Like

I really like this foot design, and I prefer it to the impossible-to-build “flat” version for a few reasons. This new toe design matches the “curve” of the base foot piece better, and I like that this new design has additional minifig-hand piston greebles.

(Plus this version can actually be built, which is a pretty important feature)

They may not have many turquoise slopes, but you could make the minifigure hands turquoise. It would add more turquoise to the overall build, as well as make the “pistons” stand out.

1 Like

I can say that I’ve completed Lariska now.
but contest has died. A little… No, it’s really sad.

17 Likes

I can feel you :frowning_face:

4 Likes

There were a few requests…

The instructions is difficult to make, but at least I think I can share the studio file.

The contest is over, and I don’t think I need more improvements in my Lariska, so I think this is the final version.

Oh, I can give you Lariskat if you want.

If, you, want.

I rendering it with new foot design ver . Hahahaha.
Yes, tell me if you really want, and basically, the basic version already includes EAR

5 Likes

Thank you much for the file, I really liked this version of Lariska. Terrible shame we won’t be getting to see how she’d stack up against the others.
Also-

give
me
the
cat
i
must
have
it

2 Likes

KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_05

KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_10
KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_07
KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_08
KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_09

KakaoTalk_20220306_070654571_01
KakaoTalk_20220306_070654571

KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_04
KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_06
KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104

KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_03

KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_02

KakaoTalk_20220306_064545104_01

I reproduced the pictures I took before and took a new one.
I’m not sure whether I’ll participate in the future fanon contest, but I’d like to post on contest this picture someday. Things I couldn’t do.

16 Likes

I guess we can all headcanon this MOC as this is the best Lariska so far. The only things I can be nitpicky with are the mechanic arm and the daggers. I mean, the books describe her daggers as twin, I don’t know if that means she has only two of them, that they all look the same or that the daggers and knives are totally different weapons she carries. Either way that means that there should be another Phantoka gun sight or only the little knives. My concerns with the mechanic arm are that by one hand it is a bit longer than the organic one, and by the other, I feel like, if she had a rhotuka spinner in her arm, we would know it. But then again, all those are nitpicks.

5 Likes

Its a good moc but my headcanon spot for Lariska exists elsewhere

2 Likes

Rider, this is a fantastic moc that you should be proud of.

Tarkur, last I checked no one here asked if you thought this was your head canon and more importantly, no one cares. If the whole point of your post was to mention you think another MOC is better for your own head canon then not only is your post pointless it is pretty rude.
The canon contests are over. Let people post their versions of canon character without weighing in on whatever (head) canon you believe.

8 Likes

Let’s be clear, I meant no disrespect to the creator of this moc for all intents and purposes I like this moc I even says so in the post you are repliying too. My point was in response to Vidal’s point about it being something everyone can headcanon. To which I don’t agree because I don’t headcanon it. Everything I say or do is not intended to be rude or disrespectful to anyone.

This MOC has a lot of things going for it and a lot of things I like about, I’ve even made a long post in here about what I like about it. My statment of me not headcanon it has nothing to do with the creators build or my opinions of it but only a counter to the point made by Vidal.

EDIT: If you want to headcanon this moc then that’s awesome. I sugggest dropping this since I won’t be responding to anything else in here about this.

3 Likes

Had we made it to Lariska, I would’ve voted for this one without a doubt

7 Likes

Oh man, someone said something gererally positive about the MOC like “everyone can headcanon this. so your response is ….“everyone but me?”
I have a really really helpful explanation for you, when someone gives a blanket comment like that, they don’t actually mean everyone. It’s a bit of an exaggeration. A hyperbole. You do not need to come here and say you are the exception to that exaggeration.

To which I don’t agree because I don’t headcanon it. Everything I say or do is not intended to be rude or disrespectful to anyone.

Your intent was not to be rude but you came across as rude despite your efforts.
You could have simply not posted your pointless post.
Just please, stop posting any response to Rider’s Lariska or maybe even any of their future posts. You’re just not helpful.

4 Likes

Tarkur’s in the clear if you ask me. ToaVidal said that everyone can headcanon this moc, and Tarkur respectfully disagreed. There’s no need for any discussion

If anything, you’re being more rude than Tarkur for writing a paragraph about how unhelpful he is

9 Likes

Ah yes, and look at all the other self-important people commenting in on how Vidal’s exaggeration doesn’t apply to them….

If anything, you’re being more rude than Tarkur for writing a paragraph about how unhelpful he is

that’s the point

1 Like

Was it hyperbole? Perhaps.

But that doesn’t mean you should go on a tirade about how someone should never speak again, over something that wasn’t even offensive in the first place.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

6 Likes

Ok, I said I wouldn’t respond to this anymore but this is getting ridiculous and

If this is how you see me then this discussion is over. I have no intention of convincing you that my opinion matters to you. Nor have I ever advocated that any of my opinions are on some impossible moral highground that noone else can reach. My opinion is just that its my opinion if you disagree with that its fine with me but don’t make it about me being self important because I’m not.

Putting words in my mouth and spining narratives is starting to become a trope in the discussions I’m in. I wonder why that is? As far as I recall I did not disagree with any of the positive things Vidal said about the moc, I even agreed with it.

I only disagreed with his assumption/exaggeration made in the begining of his post. If that is a problem to you, then its not my problem.

3 Likes

Again, you’re missing the point.
I never said you didn’t compliment Rider’s Lariska.
You went out of your way to disagree with a general compliment given to the MOC which was “wow everyone can see this as their head canon”. Blanket statements are wrong 99% of the time.
It’s fine that you do not see this as your “head canon” It’s not really nice or appropriate to comment that here. We all know from the G1 Canon Contest thread that you have your disagreements with this MOC. You’re not contributing anything new with that initial statement. There’s a time and a place, Tarkur. If you can’t figure that out then yes, you do come off as rude and self-important.