Lariska, the wise, wonderful, and agile Dark Hunter.

I really like this build. It has good proportions, and the teal distribution is really good; it’s clearly a primary colour here.

The inclusion of a Rhotuka launcher and Hordika arm are really cool as well, especially given her 2005 origins.

Finally, the custom head is amazing, arguably the best Lariska head I’ve seen yet. This angle is my favourite:

The colour layering is done really well, and I like the bird-like face. I’m not a fan of Bionicle characters having hair in general, but that’s not a huge deal, especially since Roodaka kind of sets a precedent for hair-like appendages.

The one change I would make (besides maybe the hair) is the teal panel on her left forearm; it’s the only colour on her otherwise-greyscale mechanical arm, and it makes it more symmetric with her natural right arm. Even just changing its colour to black or silver would help a lot.

7 Likes

Very, very impressive. I’m not totally sure about the digitigrade legs, and the feet feel a little small, but the head and general body shape are fantastic. Well done using teal pieces and working in so many sharp things.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve already received similar comments, so if I submit them to the contest, i replace turquoise panel with black one.
I thought silver panel was so noticeable that it didn’t suit her. because she is assassin.

Her hair, it’s my insistence lol, I don’t think I’ll exclude it, as I mentioned, it was very dynamic element.
Of course, if I didn’t mean to give her a more feminine element, it’s a lie.

well, digitigrade leg is actually walk on tiptoe, so I thought it made sense to be small feet. that’s why I chose bohrok foot

anyway,
After I built her , I imagined that these elements might be characteristic of her species. Power cable of head, ribs and digitigrade legs.

4 Likes

What piece do you use as a jaw?

There’s some system brick

4 Likes

Yes, a black panel arrived (exchanged with heavily purchased turquoise socket) and replaced panel on the left arm.

This is good, too.

10 Likes

I like it, she looks like a ninja (or kunoichi).

1 Like

There. That looks a lot better. :wink:

I like how her face his this perpetual frown/scowl and the black armor plate makes more sense for it being an artificial limb. but I actually liked the turquoise plate as well.

I’m glad you did not force yourself into making her head able to fit a mask. I think as long as you give her a head that believably looks like it could wear a mask in universe is good enough.

how well do the gears in her left arm hold position using friction? how well would you rate the stability of the figure

with her being exclusively black and turquoise with bits of silver/grey for the blades and metal arm it makes her a striking figure to have in anyone’s collection and make her stand out more as her own character.

I also like the variety you gave her in her weapons. all of them are obviously knifes and not swords. but each fills in their own utility and method of attack. like a ninja.

where did you even get those bananas!?

5 Likes

I really like that hordika arm, the build for the head and of course the color choice of teal! looks great!

2 Likes

I really like this one. The head design is fantastic! I used the same colours for my Lariska moc. The upper torso is rather unique which I like as well, great part usage. And her height works perfectly here, (though I still wish she were confirmed to be taller instead).

2 Likes

well, it’s same as Hordika.
I don’t feel problem with left arm’s hold position using friction yet. Because her weapons aren’t big.

tbh, I wanted to extend her thigh length by one stud, but there was a problem with the kind of parts and shape.
and I respect Greg’s words as much as I can, so not as different as Toa.
Similar to Toa Mahri Nuparu or Phantoka lewa

2 Likes

Finally, i updated my MOC!

caution

Laribooba!

chest tattoo
something unintentional was described, but never mind

… just kidding. I just found turquoise helmet…
So I used it to make some jokes.

well. It doesn’t look as weird as I thought it would be

Yes, after all, I don’t really think to keeping this

8 Likes

Her head looks like a Transformers character.

1 Like

…I’d vote for it.

2 Likes

good

1 Like

I’m afraid
It’s impossible anyway.
Because I want to submit my Lariska to contest. :q

I think she might have some feminine appeal, but I don’t think it’s like Roodaka’s.
like… female athlete may have an attraction, but it’s not the same thing as- boobybooba model.

4 Likes

It’s that darn lewd posing of yours! Lol

4 Likes

it’s hilarious

really, it is

2 Likes

Even if this doesn’t win the contest (and it better win :dagger:) I hope you release instructions on how to build this, it’s easily the best Lariska MOC I’ve ever seen

just not the booba version

4 Likes