Lariska, the wise, wonderful, and agile Dark Hunter.

I would not mind at all if this becomes the canon design. Preliminarily, I’d say you have my vote. Awesome Moc!

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I unironically (1) am amazed that you can so seamlessly rework the chest of a MOC without it looking wholly out of place and (2) like the bustier version. I don’t like it more than the first version, but it’s really quite good. I feel like that sort of thing should be permissible in the contest, even though I know the update is a joke.

3 Likes

An important concern…
i confirmed that the existing leg connection method slightly damages the parts.
E_gBwTFUcAEDNHR

Although it has been officially method (wairuha), but damage to parts is quite sad.

So I used CCBS joint parts. I don’t know if this will be okay

color balance doesn’t go down that much.

However, I still have a great sense of resistance to the G2 parts used in the G1 contest. I don’t know if other people will like it.

12 Likes

i love this lariska!
keep up the good work!
the rhotuka spinner is very nice!

2 Likes

I’d greatly prefer this to the illegal connection; it has the exact same geometry, introduces more flexibility, and the change in colour doesn’t really interrupt the colour scheme since her thighs already have black. (Plus it isn’t an illegal connection, obviously).

This is a really good technique in general to replace that somewhat-common illegal connection. You could fix Krakua’s arms with it, for example.

7 Likes

It doesn’t seem to make much of a difference to me, keep it as it’s better than an illegal connection.

5 Likes

Until recently, I didn’t think it was illegal connection because Wairuha had this connection structure.(left arm)
But I realized that even a slight movement of this connection structure would cause tremendous damage.

I have to admit that this is the best way.

I thought a lot about whether I could use CCBS for G1 .
but- yes, someone told me that canon Arthaka used a lot of G2 parts, so I’m a little relieved.

4 Likes

It looks about the same, and that kind of illegal connection that seriously damages the part is a no go for me.

4 Likes

Personally I was never too interested in Lariska as a character… but wow did you do an amazing job capturing her likeness.
Head - excellent, looks different enough from a toa’s human-esque face without being too wild. Hair is a great addition.
Legs - glorious. The triple-jointed look really gets across how lithe she is, along with her slender build.
Color - great distribution, and clever part usage to get just enough teal. The bit of teal on her artificial arm seemed out of place to me, and the black updated part I’d say is a good change. Love the spinner inclusion as well.
Finally, the icing on the cake - daggers galore.
You nailed it dude, nicely done.

2 Likes

Mate, there’s literally nothing wrong with using G2 parts for a G1 character. Obviously, if you use so many that the character’s aesthetic becomes primarily CCBS, then it would be an issue, but what you’ve done here isn’t even worth having second thoughts over.

Also, bonus points for the Kuuga in the background xD.

4 Likes

you be having manga stuffs in the background.
you should add lariska to the collection.

1 Like

if it preserves parts it is good. too bad it changes the color layout a bit. both look good still. overall the balance between turqoise and black is well preserved.

2 Likes

Yes…However, unless I significantly change the structure of the leg, the existing structure causes damage to mata foot part, so I think I should maintain new part.
Additionally, i don’t have to damage precious turquoise foot parts.
and i can use less turquoise socket. XD

1 Like

Very cool looking MOC, I especially like the head and body shaping. Any chance we might get some more breakdown shots at some point?

1 Like

I too endeavor so my marendar uses only parts from gen 1. Becoming harder and harder since many good transparent pieces were released during G2.

About yours: why didn’t you use a [pictured] piece as a knee and a mata/inika black ball as a joint? Silver strike does not seem to be a problem since it is next to a silver spike. + you could re attach a silver spike.
grafik|nullxnull

1 Like

after I made her perfect.

I like this socket, but because rubber piece part, it didn’t suit her and legs will be longer.

5 Likes

Love your design! can’t wait until she’s perfect in your eyes

10 Likes

perfect render…

I’m always considering about whether to give her a finger or not, because she’s toa size
well, It’s not bad to have it!

3 Likes

I personally think that fingers and articulated hands always add to a build, especially one as nice as this. Keep it up, she’s looking fantastic and really unique.

2 Likes

a little update.

her chest’s empty part always bothered me.
but I found perfect part.

Now, upper body is a little more stable.
Instead ,my Krakua chest parts are lacking, but it doesn’t matter.

and I added some parts to hair.

I’m still thinking about my fingers.
If i give her a finger, her hand might look too big.

11 Likes