Lariska, "the Wise, Wonderful, and Gloriously Homicidal"

I’m not sure if I’ll enter this in the Lariska Canon Contest, for reasons I’ll mention later in the post.

Yeah, she’s mostly silver, but I used pretty much all of my teal constraction pieces (and a couple system). I actually based this build on the joke Lariska I built last year.

Yeah, she’s not perfect (my main issue is the lack of teal, but that was unavoidable), but I’m fairly satisfied with how she turned out. If I could get more teal, I may enter this into the contest, but, as it stands, I probably won’t.

I decided to use a Kongu McToran foot to build her lower torso (which, as you probably guessed, was to add more teal), which, well… maybe could’ve turned out better, since her posture is similar to Strakk’s (though the pictures kind of make it look worse than it is in real life).

The main thing I wanted to avoid was making her look too much like a Vortixx. Sure, I used a Vahki head, but I tried to make it look different from Roodaka’s. I also tried to use mostly G1 pieces, though I did use Breez’s Brain Attack helmet for her armor.

Finally, here’s a size-comparison with Hakann.

Well, that’s all for now. Thanks for viewing!

Boy, do I wish I had more teal pieces…

32 Likes

Obviously, the lack of teal is problematic, but the rest of this is awesome. It’s a really clean build, and definitely looks like a unique species.

I also really like the use of the Kongu foot in the torso.

1 Like

Nah looks fine. If a drawing is made the artist can totally add more teal. Solid MOC!

1 Like

From a purely Moc design standpoint I would say very nice, good part usage, lots of character. But from the standpoint that this is Lariska I don’t think it matches well. As you’ve said the silver doesn’t fit but also the hunch and the head don’t match. Especially the head. I personally think even a Vahki head/muzzle is too Vortixx like. Sorry if that’s harsh I just don’t think it fits.

1 Like

Take it from the guy who made a Helryx then didn’t enter it in the first one - don’t withhold a MOC if it’s a valid entry!

3 Likes

Looks really good! I think that this is a good amount of teal, and this is defiantly how I see lariska. The BA breeze helmet doesn’t fit though.

1 Like

To be honest, I’m still think the head could use a lot of work, though I couldn’t think of any other design besides using a Vahki head (I had a few other designs, but they all looked rather pathetic :stuck_out_tongue:) . And the hunch, as I said in the post, looks worse in the pictures than it does in real life.

I’ll think about it. As I said, if I can get more teal, I’ll probably enter.

1 Like

This looks quite good, despite the lack of teal, especially since that can be remedied quite easily in the artwork. Also I’m not sure how many of the pieces on the MOC actually exist in teal, except for maybe the slizer feet and liftarms. I’m not super well versed in that area though. Overall I’d say this is definitely the best prospective entry I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

Can’t say I’m a fan of the hunch, but the rest of this is pretty solid.

1 Like

Man I really like this but there is little distinction between the rest of her and the mechanical arm, I almost couldn’t tell it was her mechanical arm for a second. Other than that it’s a really solid build with nice parts usage. Also if you want another head design definitely try the teal Slizer head, it works really well for a lithe assassin like Lariska.

3 Likes

I will definitely vote for this if you enter it

2 Likes

I rather like this one. It’s a little too silver and the hunch is… odd… but I like the head and general proportions.

2 Likes