Legends of Okoto: The mask of Wisdom (original series)

Continuing the discussion from Fan-Art Gallery of Bionicle as a whole:

And so…
A new journey begins…
I bring you…

LEGENDS OF OKOTO

Legends of Okoto: The Mask of Wisdom is an original story created by yours trully BlueCel. In this series you will follow Eherad the Toa of Stone on her many challenges against the forces of The Insidious Zilosd. Many other characters will follow her on her journey to stop Zilosd from getting the halfs of the Mask of Wisdom thus granting him the ability to bring an end to Okoto itself.

Please do share, and of course…comment!

30 Likes

Sounds awesome, love the poster!

2 Likes

Really looking forward to it, cant wait to read it. :smile_cat:

1 Like

I’ll be paying close attention to this for sure.

2 Likes

#PROLOGUE: Forgotten

…Once upon a time…in a starry night…the black sky suddenly…turned pink.

A flash of pink…
A city could be seen falling towards the ocean, people could be heard calling out for help.

And so…a brave warrior, ran towards the sinking city, other Okotoans would follow him to help. As he climbed the crumbling city…he saw a child, a crying child, no older than 2 years old. The child was injured. The warrior, with his tender grasp calmed the child and ran out of the city, just a few other citizens fro. The mysterious vessel escaped too.
The warrior, took care of this child, as if it was his own. Sadly…

Years had passed since the event, and yet…this remained to be unexplained…
In an attempt to seek answers the warrior, with the help of the finest mask makers and protectors, built a mask that would grant him unspeakable knowledge. However, this mask was as good as a corrupted one if not handled properly. And so, before using the mask, they built another part for it…the mask of conciousness. Together this would not only grant the user knowledge, but also the power to use it properly.

The child…now 17 years old, had found the truth about his origins. Enraged by the fact that his people had not only been oblitarated, but also lied to, used the mask of knowledge to know how to bring his people, his family back. Outraged to know that his so called father did nothing but to save a few he attacked the warrior injuring him.

The warrior, could not attack the child, not cause of his wounds, but because of the bond he had once made towards what he would call son. In a last attempt to defeat him he grabbed the other half and put it into the child, making him idle for a moment. And with all his might he punched the mask out of him, but the child had already stabbed the warrior by the time it had flown off. The child, weak and filled with rage ran away with his people as fast as he could. The warrior knowing that this act would only bring war and hatred towards the child used the two halves to remove all knowledge of his “son” from the Okotoans, except from the ones he trusted the most. And so, his last wish was to bury these masks, never to be seen again, protected by the mightiests of beasts, curses and mountains. The warrior, had not forgotten what it was like to be a hero, even at the expense of dead, he did the best decision.

"Were you one of them elder? One of the trusted ones?

“Again young one, this is nothing but a legend, take it as you wish. Anyway child, the night is upon us, it is time for you to rest. Unless you want to spend the night looking for a pink light, in which case you might regret in the morning if you don’t sleep well.”

“Hehe, you know Elder Zaku, I want to be a warrior like him when I’m older!”

Zaku stared at her for a moment.

"You surely will be a mighty warrior, but if there is one thing this island needs, and will always need, is a noble hero. And I’m sure you will become one.

Now…sleep young Eherad…"

15 Likes

This is really good, can’t wait to read the rest!

1 Like

dis cool

1 Like

Shout out to the peeps!

If you would like to see your MOC (or drawn character doesn’t really matter in a pic of the story PM them to me and I will choose five of the sent toa, here are the rules:

1.) you must only send ONE toa.
2.) Your toa must be air/jungle, earth, fire, or ice themed.

Water has been taken by @Risebell

And that’s about it so…you have until sunday peeps!

7 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaw yea I’m the best
yup

2 Likes

This is very good! Looking forward to what comes next.

As a fellow writer and as a copy editor, I would be remiss not to offer my services as a peer reviewer, so if you wish, I could look over your work and help with anything you need. In any case, I look forward to the next part.

2 Likes

Just general opinion if you may! After all I did ask for opinions on it!

2 Likes

Well, I like the old man telling the little girl about a legend of the past, and the idea that wisdom is not necessarily only good. It’s a bit early to judge much else, but I do have some criticisms.

Most specifically, organization. I almost feel bad criticizing that if only because I’m ADHD, and I hardly ever do anything in an organized fashion, but that is an aspect that could improve. I’m not saying you need to make thinking maps and plan out everything before hand, but making sure to look back and ensure that everything you wanted to say is there and in the order you want it to be can’t be a bad thing.

Also being a copy editor, I notice spelling and grammar errors in everything, and am well-versed in idiomatic errors as well, and I feel that having someone check your writing for that could help as well.

That’s all small stuff though, and I’m sure you can only get better as time goes on.

4 Likes

This is pretty inspirational, I’m not gonna lie!
I’m going to make my own G2 Toa, as you have! :smile:

The pleasure is all mine! :smiley:

Looks great, can’t wait to get reading!

1 Like

Interesting. I look forward to the rest. Elder Zaku reminds me of one of the Guardians from Green Lantern for some reason :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I really liked that prologue. I can’t wait to see what happens next!

2 Likes

Legend.

This is looking great so far. :smile_cat:

Bruh…spelling queen strikes again.
I don’t even know how that could happen when I had the poster in front of me…

That was pretty good,but IMO you’re overusing the ‘’…’’ thing.

1 Like

Oh, it’s just so people know when someone is talking, but perhaps I am idk.

Anyway, water, fire and air are already taken by: @Ghosty @Lord_Tuma and @Risebell
Only earth and ice mocs are left.

3 Likes

Darnit.

1 Like