Lego Bionicle MOC: Kahu bird (MNOG Version)

Hello fellow compatriots to yet another MOC! Today we will be taking a look at the Kahu bird.

This moc was built to fully capture the personality and expressions the Kahu bird had in the animations featuring but not limited to;
-Wing flapping function
-neck raising and lowering while retaining the pilot

For full details on this particular moc check out the video! Link down below!

https://youtu.be/gsaLZzSO7IE

42 Likes

This is super cool, I loved the kahu bird in mnog and I was a little sad when I saw the ufficial model. This is always how i thought that the model should have looked like.

1 Like

Very nice!

2 Likes

Now for the real challenge: do all this while still only using the Nui Jaga parts :rofl: :rofl:
This thing is awesome, I love how it’s just packed full of functions.

PS: For a second there I thought the bottom wheel was on a Racers rev-up engine so he could run into flight automatically and I was losing it. Now I keep thinking about how to use those in a build…

1 Like

Oh that would be challenging lol and thanks! though now i wonder if i can make something similar with just the parts of the Nui Jaga.

And oh! that sounds like an awesome idea, dang i should have put one in this bird xD. Regardless by all means go and try to incorporate one of those engines in a build. I might have to try that too now

1 Like

Yes. Love a good Kahu.

1 Like

The functionality on this is plain old awesome, and the accuracy is astounding. Great work!

2 Likes

I’m happy you like it!

Really cool MOC there, love the amount of detail that went into the appearance, it definitely looks like something out of MNOG. As someone who’s biased towards MOC’s with functions, I really like how everything works, from the wings to the rider function allowing for more than just one type of build.

My only gripe is the colour scheme. Personally I don’t think the different shades of purple and blue go well together, and the yellow is pretty jarring, but I understand you might not have much choice in that matter. Otherwise, solid creation there!

2 Likes