LEGO Prototypes Discussion

It’s at about 53 seconds in.

Crap, Nuparu’s shield should have been like that.

After quite a bit of searching, I finally found a source for the 2008 Mahri thing:

But it’s still not clear from that quote that the idea stuck around long enough for the toys to be designed as the Mahri rather than the Nuva; they may have done the swap before any toy was prototyped. I don’t know what their schedule was, but I would be surprised if the summer wave characters in particular were designed before they had the story for the winter wave.

3 Likes

I wish I could see the mask

Yeah, that’s the source. I feel it’s logical to interpret the recolored prototypes as the Mahri.

Assuming these are the Mahri, that probably is Nuparu. The model uses the same thigh armour and colour scheme, plus the wings appear to have been kitbashed from Nuparu Mahri’s shield.

Weird that later on there’s a red Gali.

1 Like

Wtf? I’ll have to look lol

everyone always (understandably) talks about the train, but what about that big, long thing in the background? what the heck is that?

It’s just a prototype for the Fangpyre Truck.

oh yeah, I must’ve beeb blurring a few things together there.

I remember hearing something somewhere about how the designers were actually specifically briefed to not make the 2008 nuva look like their original forms, the reason apparently being that none of the fans who were still buying sets were old enough to remember the original nuva/mata.

no confirmed source on that, just hearsay.

2 Likes

Onua has a claw too!

7 Likes

interesting, gali’s mask is red and tahu’s is blue

1 Like

stop pointing these out they just make me wish the Mistika were better

4 Likes

The plot thickens

3 Likes

Does anyone have images of prototype bionicle polybags?

I’d be surprised if any existed, and if they do, they likely wouldn’t be all that different to the final models. After all, there was no need to create any new molds or colors or complicated builds for the polybags, unlike the other sets.

It may be worth noting that a commercial promoting Etnurb Good Guy as well as his packaging depicts him holding a different Rahkshi blade, however.

2 Likes

Are there any marendar prototypes?

I feel like if there were, they would be very well known. But who knows, maybe images will turn up sometime in the future :wink:

It would be interesting to hear if the people working on Bonkle at the time had any specific plans for was going to look like

1 Like