LEGO replacing it's plastic for something Enviromentally friendly

For those who aren’t in the know

LEGO has decided to hire 100 people or something and is planning to replace it’s plastics it has with something enviromentally friendly

discuss

6 Likes

I think lego uses ABS plastic. That type of stuff usually ends up in landfills. They probably will be trying to use BPA plastic, which is biodegradable.

From what I’ve read, they want the new Psuedo-Plastic to have the same strength and feel of the usual plastic. I think this is a pretty smart move on TLG’s part.

5 Likes

funnily enough this was announced in June

I ignored it

how come some of you people didn’t know and are freaking out the new plastic will be fragile and weak?

1 Like

Then I’ve known about it from the start… It’s usually the other way around.

Misinformation, my friend. Misinformation. Unless I’m wrong, and it is gonna be Fragile…

3 Likes

We’re gonna get Lego made from the bones of dead workers.

16 Likes

Summer wave 2015
now made with actual bones for more immersion

12 Likes

Sponsored by Skeletor

7 Likes

wut about animel boens?

I’m remembering the warning “Don’t eat the pieces”. I highly doubt it, but it would be funny if the new pieces said “Yes you can eat the pieces”.

8 Likes

ha

edible pieces

…wait…

Also who wants the cast to talk about this?

3 Likes

It would be nice if they mentioned it.

I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

“Welcome to TTV Talks Plastic”

3 Likes

just how biodegradable are we talking?

because if sets start getting fragile/loose from the plastic, that would suck.

I have no idea.
I just searched up “how fragile is BPA plastic” on google and apparently it’s just as bad as ABS plastic

Well… no one wins…

I’d honestly be fine with a new plastic as long as it’s not bootleg quality.

2 Likes

you’ll know if it’s doing it’s job if you don’t know it’s there.

but I’m afraid that overtime the sets using the new plastic will be weaker than a lime joint.

2 Likes

I don’t imagine they will be using a biodegradable plastic, but probably something as sturdy as ABS, but probably recyclable or something such as.

Oh, good. :smile:

3 Likes

they do not want to degrade the quality, they wanna keep the quality but just make it safer for the environment

2 Likes

*the future of Bonkles…

“Oh hey, you know that gen. 2 Vahi you got a while back? I’d like to trade some thing for it.”

“Oh, I ate it”

“NUUUUUUUUUUUU”

3 Likes