Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

Didn’t get to talk about this on TTV 159 due to time constraints, so I figure I’ll leave my thoughts on these sets here.

I got Grievous, DV, and Obi-Wan on release day and now that I’ve had a few days to mull them over here are my thoughts.

• Obi Wan is surprisingly cool. Great cape, good armor coverage, his face actually doesn’t look horrible like Luke’s due to being based on his animated incarnation, and overall he’s pretty schway.

• DV is a technical masterpiece and a must-buy for anyone that misses complex titan builds that rely heavily on technic. That being said, there are a couple of issues I have with him, namely his lanky looking legs and some aesthetically inconsistent shoulder armor that breaks up his look somewhat. Also, his cape is attached pretty haphazardly and doesn’t work as well as Obi-Wan’s. He’s still cool though, and I’m glad I got him. :stuck_out_tongue:

• Grievous is a gem of a figure and is officially my favorite CCBS set, surpassing even Witch Doctor. He pretty much hits upon everything positive that I would personally look for in a set. He’s amazingly complex, aesthetically consistent with the character he is meant to represent, absolutely massive, and features a treasure trove of recolored pieces, including tan, a color not seen for six years. Additionally, unlike Witch Doctor, his construction doesn’t restrict his poseability, and due to his four-armed nature, he can achieve a ton of crazy poses. The only thing that could make him better is if he had a cape.

Another thing I’d like to say is that I do not feel these sets are overpriced (for today’s climate, of course; inflation has made prices skyrocket over the years). I expected to buy these three sets and feel as if I did not get my money’s worth due to licensing fees, but I feel that all of them deliver. Something that must be kept in mind is how tall these sets are. They tower over the tallest BIONICLE G2 set thus far, Tahu, and he was $20. That being said, that’ll end up being a personal call as to whether you think the price is justified or not.

I have more thoughts but I’ll share them later. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

14 Likes

W-wait…There are MORE?! My wallet can’t take this!!

3 Likes

Meso reviews Star Wars Ultra Builds? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, that’s the wave that will include this;

8 Likes

*in constraction. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

no after the 2009 tan disappeared from the spectrum it ceased to exist, until the government brought it back with sciences and dark witch craft

System and normal Technic still had tan though.

shhhh it was only light brown

but

steel beams cant melt jet fuel

A Constraction B1 and B2 Battle Droid need to exist. Darth Malgus would also be pretty interesting to see.

5 Likes

but did you know steel beams can melt jet fuel

[insert X-Files theme here]

1 Like

And… what do steel beams have to do with Constraction SW again? :wink:

But how? TECHNIC? B1s are too spindly to replicate with CCBS.

did you just day b1 battle droids are TOO spindly to recreated in ccbs a system constantly flawed by spindly ness

1 Like

Yes. CCBS shells make things seem very round but gappy. B1s are just scrawny. Not the same aesthetics IMO.

this system was practically made for the b1

on a side note the day we get jar jar binks is the day I quit sterwas

2 Likes

Example of what a CCBS B1 would actually look like please? Sorry if I’m hard to convince.

Now do you really hate Jar-Jar? Or are you just jumping on the hate bandwagon?

1 Like

I would have to get genaraldo grevvous man to build a proper prottype color wise but yeah I can make a concept

and with jar jar, I think hes what killed the prequels for everyone

I moved 4 posts to an existing topic: Star Wars Topic

1 Like

Just bought Kenobi this afternoon and I can die happy. Him being my favorite SW character helps, as does his Clone Wars iteration being why I like him so much, but his size is the real reason. He is only a head shorter than Makuta Icarax, for crying out loud. He has good coverage all around, a paragon of proportions, his cape is flowing and well attached and his maneuverability is suprisingly high. I don’t know where to improve him.

Also Grevious was sold out at the lego store so I picked up Skull Slicer as an understudy.

5 Likes

SS is now babby grievous

6 Likes

My hopes are still up for a CCBS B2.