Lego Store Experiences

I have a Lego store about 45 minutes away from me.

Thereā€™s a Lego Store in the mall at Raleigh (which isnā€™t too far from where I live) And itā€™s pretty cool. They have these giant displays with what ever sets are current, as well as these giant plastic studs with small pieces in them that you can take as many as you can fit into a cup in there.

just make sure you fill said cup all the way, or else someone at the stores will have to help you and then your parents will get mad at you because his help will cost $50. I learned that from experience.

1 Like

There is not one near me at all. so RIP.

Well There no LEGO Stores in My state of Louisiana, so I canā€™t spoke about any LEGO Store experiences.

Thereā€™s only one LEGO store in my state, I live hours away from itā€¦

But I have been to the store in New York City at the Rockefeller Center and the one at Disney Springs in Orlando.

I got a Pick-a-Brick order while I was there (New York), and my dad and I were trying to shove as many bricks as we could into the container. He took the lid and tried to squish it down, but it exploded when he did. Then an employee came up and said, ā€œOh! I know that sound!ā€ It was hilariousā€¦

I have some pictures from the Disney one too:

The dragon things at every store.

An amazing Maleficent sculpture.

Pick-a-Brick wall.

Another part of the store.

Poor display Greviousā€¦he needed someā€¦major readjustmentsā€¦

4 Likes

There are like three LEGO stores near my locaiton.

The closest one is a 15min bike trip from my home.

'ts pretty good. Most of the workers there know who I am. They let me build a display model once.

And the mall itā€™s in has some great food

4 Likes

Aww, poor grievous, at my Lego store the Bionicle sets are always posed really well

2 Likes

The first Lego store I went to was in Milton Keynes (England) when I was visiting my Aunt.

The second Lego store I went to was in Buchanan Galleries, which is the first (and only) Lego store in Scotland.

I just realised that I talk about Scotland a lot, probably becauseā€¦ Reasons

1 Like

that moment when your going to stop going to lego stores because a Legoland discovery center is opening in your state next week, but yeah lego stores are fun

You will call it Downtown Disney, heretic!

3 Likes

I remember that in like, 1st or 2nd grade, I went to one in San Diego.

Thatā€™s when I got my first LEGO set I believeā€¦

2 Likes

one experience I had was watching kids wait for new bionicle sets, that was cool

2 Likes

Not at a Lego store, but I love watching kids get Bionicle or Hero Factory, I have floated around, trying to decide what to get, and parents have asked me questions (Because creepy teens who need a razor are totally viable sources to getting your child toys, this happens often during the holidays)

Even with Nerf guns, parents have asked me and my brother questions about them.

Weird.

2 Likes

In the state I live in there is only one lego store. I thought I could go and pick up some of the new bionicle summer sets. I thought that they would have it, since they are the lego storeā€¦

I arrived at the store and found the shelf of bionicles. There was only about 9 different sets there, only 2 from this year. I asked one of the clerks and she said they arenā€™t going to be carrying the new sets, and that they are going to stop selling bionicle after they sell these sets. She could tell I was disappointed, and offered me a coupon for free shipping at the lego store.

I had a backup plan if they didnā€™t have the sets. Iā€™d get the ccbs general grievous figure. He had some cool tan pieces that I didnā€™t see in bionicle. He had 4 of those leg armor pieces on his arms. Unfortunately they didnā€™t have any of those either.

The clerk said sheā€™d check in back to see if they had any extra. After finding none she suggested that some customers try to find sets at the barns and noble in the same mall.

I left the store and went to barns and noble. They didnā€™t have the new sets, not that I expected them to. They did have general grievous, and I saw another person looking through the legos as well. He was from the lego store, he said he was looking for a wall-e set (which he found). I told him about finding general grievous, and joked that a bookstore has more legos than the lego store.

I looked at the price 35$. 5$ more than regular, but I didnā€™t want to go home empty handed. I got the set and went home.

I still plan to get the new bionicle sets, but Iā€™ll probably order them online. I looked at the coupon the clerk gave me.

It expired in 2014.

Wow. Real great service there.

4 Likes

How lucky!
That is more than my whole countryā€¦

6 Likes

1 Like

Same story at the one in Milwaukee. However, the clerk did say that it isnā€™t expired, despite what it says on the back.
Also, Grievous is always $35 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Meanwhile my Lego Store had all the 2016 sets and some 2015 sets.

I still ended up buying like 7 mixels cause I couldnā€™t get more than one bonkle set

2 Likes

At least you people have a lego store in your state. There four of them in Pennsylvania but next to none in the midwest unless you want to drive all the way to Minneapolis or risk going to the Kansas/Missouri border.