Lego Universe

Is LUNI a recreation of LU? And can someone give me a link?

It looks like it is

Here is a link to the website:
http://luniserver.com/

2 Likes

(Cries in corner while holding pre order figure)

1 Like

This used to be my favorite game, only when lego worlds adds multiplayer it may feel the same.

I have the pre order figure too! I named him Nexus.

Speaking of the Nexus Force Astronaut,

1 Like

Ah yes, LEGO Universeā€¦

I actually still have it installedā€¦ And I still have the diskā€¦ And the caseā€¦

And my sig-fig is still my character, minus the hair as the Exo-force hair was never made in brown.

Never heard about it until itā€™s discontinued announcement from a long time ago.
Also I found this that describe LU release issue

1 Like

I never played until it went free to play, but I had a blast with it. I was too cheap to buy membership so I was forever stuck in that first world, though. My friends bought membership, and I remember going to one of their houses and being blown away by all of his loot.My friends would visit the first world to play with me sometimes, and I couldnā€™t tell you how many times we beat that spider boss or played the Maelstrom horde minigame together. I remember the day it was announced that LU would be shutting down. I was pretty sad, but my friend was so crushed he cried. It was not a happy day.

Another friend said that he and one person from every other faction went to a special location and got transformed into the faction leaders. He, being part of Assembly, said he could now play as Doctor Overbuild.

We totally believed him. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

out of nostalgia for lego universe I watched some videos on you yube and found this awesome project https://www.darkflameuniverse.org/ its going to be free, and people are currently being randomly chosen to try out of alpha version

Cool. Iā€™ll have to look into it.

Thats heckin awesome do you have any more news on it?

If anyoneā€™s interesting in taking a look back at some of LEGO Universeā€™s development: hereā€™s a blog from one of the artists that worked on the project:

http://www.mikerayhawk.com/legouniverse.htm

1 Like

RIP LEGO universe

I never played, but the posters, trailers, and general asthetic looked awesome. I wish I got into it.

1 Like

BADA BING BADA BOOM I RESURRECT THIS TOPIC FROM ITS DOOM

Lego universe was one of my favourite games, I only played it when it became free but I still loved it.
Fortunately after it ended a lot of people tried to make emulators for the server and currently one of these projects is entering closed beta (darkflame universe), canā€™t wait to play the game again.

I also liked the designs of the figures and currently Iā€™m trying to develop a cheap printing technique to bring those figures in real life, unfortunately to get the armors and accessories I will have to rip the files from a client or model them myself.

anyways here is an old attempt

Hopefully I can get cleaner results and get my favourite minifigures to play with irl

2 Likes

Hey thatā€™s my line!

I once made a really great looking paradox marauder minifigure

1 Like

Butā€¦ butā€¦ if I donā€™t revive a topic properly you kill me like you did with the others

2 Likes

You shall be spared.

It is the holiday season after all.

Anyways, letā€™s stay on topic and talk about the game, specifically I want to talk more about darkflame universe.
Itā€™s a project that has been going on for a few years and in a few weeks maybe days they are going to do a giveaway to get beta keys. I belive that the first couple of worlds are almost complete, and progress keeps getting faster. If you are able to help please do so that the game will be playable again. Also lego knows of this project and itā€™s fine with it so it wonā€™t be shut down. If I manage to get a key I will let you know howā€™s the game currently.

1 Like