Lewa Nuva

Lewa Nuva

Lewa, the youngest of the six Toa, is the spirit of the air. Lewa
controls the wind and the clouds, but hates water. The Tohunga believe that the rains are a result of the conflict between Lewa and Gali, Toa of Water, while the thunder and lightning are the
sounds of their battle.

Lewa is almost monkey-like in form, and prefers to inhabit the
treetops in the jungles surrounding Kauae Bay. His powerful arms slice easily through the thick jungle vegetation as he moves
acrobatically through the canopy. Lewa tends to stay far above the ground below, as he is clumsy when forced
to walk around on two feet.

More Photos

Lewa Nuva was my first Toa set and he holds a special place in my heart. I wanted to experiment with a lot of stuff on this MOC and I’m quite happy with the results.

Happy 20th anniversary, Bionicle!

28 Likes

Woah… he looks interesting.

3 Likes

Is there any reason behind the design? Like the arm nub

So is this like, the Nuva came out as just barely functioning creatures that got heavily disfigured by the energized protodermis? Because that’d be cool

2 Likes

Amazing! Gosh, just stunning!

I really need more! Even beyond the Toa Nuva!

You really need to open your mind to alternative representations of the characters to get the full experience. If you look at these like they’re meant to be recreations of what the originals are, you’re going to be confused.

They’re brand new and distinct visual depictions of the themes the original Toa embody, and I’m all for it.

4 Likes

As weird as this is, it’s quite well made with decent color usage, and creative use of pieces to capture the correct look for the build. I kind of wish that the uppermost portion of the legs had a bit more to them, and that at least the light grey had been replaced with something darker, but I can look past all of that. I really just want to know why this was made.

Word-tip of advice, don’t go hand-petting Muaka.

3 Likes

Kind of. I thought it’d be fun to experiment with different design choices for the Toa, as if the energized protodermis affected them individually. Lewa’s arm was supposed to be indicative of how often Lewa gets himself into trouble in the first few years of the story.

@Krelikan This whole series is something of a self-imposed challenge for me. I wanted to try making an entire series of MOCs at once, rather than sporadically/whenever inspiration strikes, I wanted to experiment with new techniques, and I wanted to challenge what the community accepts as Toa-builds. The sets often show the Toa as athletic humanoids and while my Tahu Nuva certainly fits the bill the rest don’t. The conversations surrounding these MOCs have been very interesting to read and I think the series has been something of a success.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

8 Likes