Lirena of Gravity - Toa or Machine?

“In a world made with purpose, the greatest curse is losing yours.”

While most Toa are brought forth to directly protect the inhabitants of the GSR from various threats, Lirena’s role is a bit more specific and indirect. Rather than engaging in combat with rogue Rahi and Zyglak, Lirena was specifically designed by Artakha to repair breaches on the surface of the GSR. Likewise, her right arm is a precision energy rifle, meant to weld those breaches shut.
With her Kanohi Naiyla (the Akaku is a placeholder,) she can create energy constructs, used to weld complex faults or create signs when speech is not an option, such as in a vacuum.

After a significant breach in the GSR and an event no one can seem to recall, Helryx and her Order commanded that the Great Seal would be permanently shut. No one for any reason could exit the GSR, not even her.
Stripped of her main purpose, Lirena began to search for a new one, taking on many jobs and roles throughout the Matoran Universe. Often, she was dismissed for general incompetence or the rarity of her speech.
Lirena has found the most satisfaction in helping and protecting the people of the world, much like her Toa siblings. While still nomadic (and often making enemies on accident,) she’s found a comfortable place… at least for now.

She’s quiet, sometimes only speaking when spoken to, but she can be incredibly talkative around trusted allies. She’s always trying to find the most practical and efficient solution to an issue but often fails when in unfamiliar circumstances. The intent behind her creation troubles her and she often feels like a machine walking among people. Nonetheless, she presses on and searches for a place of refuge in the cruel universe, often finding such an oasis in her friends and the satisfaction of helping others.

Abilities and tools: Standard Toa Gravity powers, Kanohi Naiyla, Mask of Energy Constructs, precision energy rifle, and oxygen tanks.

This was a pretty fun build to make. She’s almost entirely custom, and I wanted to capture the vibe of the Toa Mata and Helryx, hence the heavy use of technic. I also wanted to incorporate some Slizer-esque aesthetics. I like to think this ties in well with her nature as a practical “machine.” All of her parts come in the colors shown, with the exception of her blue chest plate and the purple Akaku (though that’s just a placeholder as I previously said.)
Here’s an incredibly rough drawing of what her Kanohi Naiyla might look like:

18 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

It’s a very interesting color scheme you’ve got going on here, and I like the faux-Metru torso as well. That second render with the tube disconnecting from the tank pains me, though.

5 Likes

I’m making an elemental lord of gravity. And it has transparent parts to signify gaps

3 Likes

Oh, nice weapon arm, and cool colours too.

3 Likes