Location size comparisons in Google Earth. Updated - the size of Voya Nui.

Weird, I didn’t know Wellington is the capital! I thought it was Auckland.

Voya Nui next to Wellington.

The short arm spans that whole bay, and is about as wide across at its base as the inlet for the bay.

7 Likes

Holy cow I never realized just how small Voya Nui is. Seems like you could run across it in a day

5 Likes

Try to scale Voya Nui with the Cyclades in Greece. They are a cluster of relatively small islands of different shapes and sizes

2 Likes

Probably, it’s only about 7 miles long. That’s like, two 5ks

8 Likes

I could do that before dinner what the heck. Thats barely an island at all, how did that place support ANYTHING.

7 Likes

Yeah lol I could hike that in a few hours and I’m not at all super athletic. Pretty crazy stuff.

7 Likes

Interestingly, the island’s size is actually pretty consistent with The Legend Reborn, where the GSR’s head is much larger than the island:

Cool shot but the island cracking as the face emerges from the center is a million times better, so I agree w/ you in preferring the interpretation where the island fits Mata Nui’s face.

10 Likes

Honestly the Robot being smaller than the official numbers doesn’t bother me because it is still colossal regardless.

4 Likes

Man, Mata Nui might be looking at the stars if he stands up.

3 Likes

Depends on the size of Spherus Magna, which would then inform the size of the atmosphere too. But yes, he is shown to reach out the atmosphere in at least one comic when standing up, but whether that specific visualization is canon or not we don’t know for sure.

If he stood up, it would easily destabilize the planet’s orbit by changing its center of gravity, but by that point, he’d probably be fixing the damage to Spherus Magna like he was planned to.

2 Likes

This is the canonical reason it took so long to walk everywhere in MNOG2

2 Likes

Dang. How long would that take? If you look at the size of the Matoran, that’s like a toddler walking from Nashville to the Chickamauga Battlefield!

These are real places, by the way.

1 Like

Roughly corner to corner in the state of indiana. This is if you never stop walking

2 Likes