Majestic League VOL. 2

“Actually, I heard that there was this one guy, a soldier, who was revived from the dead. if that conspiracy theory were true, then most likely the serum should work as intended.”

“you’re a scientist, are you not? Do not trust conspiracies.”

A twisted smile twitches on the corners of Todd’s lips as his day turns for the better. The gun in his hand disappears only to be replaced by a wickedly sharp knife as he turns the corner the thief had just recently taken.

The scientist grinned. “Heh-heh-heh. Well, maybe you should believe them. There’s always some grain of truth.” He said with a suspicious grin. He lead Dave out of the lab.“anyways, thanks for visiting.” He closed the Dorr tightly, Making sure that Dave wouldn’t be able to hear him. Just then, the scientist’s phone rang. He answered it. “Yes?” The plague doctor was on the other line. “Will, Nate couldn’t give me what I needed. A witness sqw, so I had to eliminate him.” Will was confused. “What are you talking about? Nate was just with me,” He then realized what had really happened. He began to look around now, paranoid. “Hello?” The plague doctor siad , annoyed. “I’ll talk to you later.” Will said, hanging up.

A liquid slid under the door, reforming into Dave, “we weren’t done speaking,” he said, mildly annoyed

Will spun around, startled. “You’re not Nate! He’s already dead, because of you!” He said, jabbing a finger at Dave. “Oh god, Nate. I didn’t mean for it to happen this way. He was only supposed to rough you up a bit.” Will whimpered.

Dave opened the door, letting a mass rejoin him, and as such the mechanical hand took it’s place, “I wouldn’t say I’m to blame,” he replied, as his fingers turned to blades and extended towards Will’s brain

Will’s brains were splattered all over the walls. His corpse fell to the ground, knocking over the resurrection serum. It seeped into Will’s wounds, and steam rose from his body. Will got up onto his feet, moaning. Exept, he wasn’t Will anymore. His eyes were clouded over with a milky blue-green color, and he was covered in his own brain and blood. Will raised his arms in front of him, moaning and gnashing his teeth as he shaped towards Dave.

Dave dodged and grabbed the other serum, and leaving the building with it

The zombie limped after Dave, but lost him once he had left the building. A guy tapped the zombie on the shoulder. “Hey dude, are you-” The zombie leaped toward the man and chomped a good chunk of his meat off his chest. The man screamed in agony, collapsing the the ground. The zombie bent down to the man and finished what he had started, feasting on the man’s corpse. Several cops showed up, aiming their guns. “Stop, in the name of the law!” They said, aiming their guns at the creature. A half chewed piece of meat fell from his mouth as the zombie got up and shambles quickly towards the cops. The cops, in return, shot the zombie to death. For real death, this time.

Later, everyone in thecity of heroes would see a news report about a “crazed cannibal killing” by a Chem-X scientist, and the assassination of Chem-X’s CEO, Nathan alberts.

“now that wasn’t a complete waste, now was it?” Dave muttered to himself, before permanently changing his main form to a tall, pale skinned man with long blonde hair loosely tied back, “I think this new saga warrants a new name… Lance Vienne … That’ll do nicely.”

Jacob follows, seemingly not seeing the knife in the rush of the chase, and his general lack of fitness leaving him a little short of breath already having distracted him somewhat.

Cellulitis walks to a restaurant and washes his hands in the bathroom. He goes to his car and drives off to his apartment. Once he gets there he changes into a fresh set of clothes matching his bloodstained ones, he had duplicates of his costume. Adam threw the bloodied clothes in the washer with a fair bit of stain remover. He takes the vial out of his duffle bag and takes over to his microscope. Other than the TV and landline, there was no other technology, spare appliances like a fridge and microwave.

When cellulitis studied the samples he would find two things. First, he would find traces of a neurotoxin in Rico’s blood, which wasn’t surprising. However, the chemical agent was eventually traced back to a specific military chemical weapons company. The fluid from the rat was found to contain a chemical compound, capable of altering a subject’s DNA. However, the compound was found to be unpredictable and unstable in its affects. Either the subject would become an enhanced superhuman, or they would mutate into a hideous monster.

Runa has also inspected the blood sample, and once he isolated the neurotoxin, he began synthesizing an antitoxin for it. As that process was started, he detached his right arm and put on a wireframe arm, and started working some new weapons into the arm.

The man unpossesses the machine, then makes it explode among the rubble of the former construction site. One of the workers who was still alive cowered. “What are you?” He asks.

The man turns and pulls his shades down, smiling maliciously, and revealing his black and blue eyes. “Malware.” He pushes his glasses back up and heads further into the city.

It was a rather cold day. Bob baldo waited in his truck with an arsenal of weapons and ammunition. He gazed back at a picture of his family. Tears began to stream from his eyes. “I’m doing this for our freedom.” Bob said as he loaded a magazine into his sidearm. He went up to a nearby abandoned Mining Facility, a large, cavernous quarry where a powerful substance was contained and mined. Bob went into the Mine and instantly shot the faceless mutants guarding it before they had the chance to react. He then headed for an elevator. He slammed the buttons on the elevator, bringing him to the lowest level of the mine. As the door opened, two large men appeared before him. The had glowing blue cracks all over their body. It was clear to bob that they were empowered with energy from the substance that they mined. If the miners worked too long, they would absorb enough energy to mutate into superhumans. The mutant on the right grabbed Bob Baldo by the throat, and lifted him up in the air. In response, Bob shoved his fist deep into the mutant’s chest, ripping out his heart, which was still beating. The substance allowed it keep functioning. Bob crushed the heart and laughed in temporary victory, but he was caught off guard by the second mutant on his left side. It pounded him across the face, drawing much blood from his mouth. He wiped the blood from his cheek and slashed the mutant across the chest with his dagger. With the mutants out of his way, Bob advanced toward his prize. He stepped up to a cargo container of Glowing blue samples of fluid. As he went to grab it, he was cut off by The Plague Doctor, who dropped down in front of him. He extended his hand, signifying for Bob to stop. Bob let out a mighty roar and charged at the masked man. The Plague Doctor threw a smoke bomb onto the floor, causing himself to vanish. Bob looked around the room in panic. The Plague Doctor appeared right behind him and delivered a fatal blow to his side. Bob was sent soaring into the storage container.

“What are you?!” Bob groaned, getting up and drawing his blade. The Plague doctor looked him in the eyes , and said nothing. Bob charged at him once more, missing with his sword. The doctor retaliated and returned with a jab in Bob’s gut. Bob flew backwards into a wall. The Plague Doctor scowled. Bob arose and drew his blade. “You monster. You don’t know what you’re getting into!” He exclaimed, lunging at the masked marauder. The Plague Doctor disappeared and seemingly teleported behind Bob. “Wha?”

The Plague Doctor’s elbow came crashing down onto Bob’s spine. Bob lay on the ground, defeated. A leather encased hand stretched out towards Bob. “You’ll ruin everything! Don’t do it!” the groaning Bob muttered. “I have my own intentions.” The Doctor replied. He began to fill a syringe with liquid from a nearby machine. The Plague doctor snickered and made his way out of the door. “Some people,” The Plague Doctor muttered, “Don’t deserve to live.”

An explosive was attached to a massive container of fluid. “No. No!” Bob yelled, trying to stand up. His spine was obliterated, and he couldn’t get up. The container exploded, and the liquid flew into the air. A giant wave of it consumed Bob, burning him alive and disintegrating him.

Later, there would be a news report telling of the robbery of a mine where a rare but dangerous material was extracted.

Cellulitis took his jab at researching the chemical agent’s history. He opened a notebook and drove off to the city’s library. Once there he hops in a desktop and searches the internet for the chemical agent’s, checking for any nearby location. Anything information he got his hands on, he jotted down onto the notebook.

Runa took two vials of the synthesized antitoxin, as well as two vials of some other substance he made, and stored them in a compartment on the side of his body. He tested out the new work he’d put into his right arm, now renamed Project: Knockout, by extending and retracting the one and a half inch long blades that come out from between his fingers, each about the width of his knuckles. He loaded another vial of the antitoxin into a compartment on his arm, then headed out to where this newest attack had occurred.

Malware wandered around the city, eventually seeing a library, which he decided to be his next attack. He walked in, grinning, showing his pointed teeth.

Manpower exited his van, and popped open the gas cap.

1 Like

The alley seems to be empty, save for a few dumpsters. They’re the big kind, probably being used by nearby stores.