Making of the "Grovilath" MOC

Holy cow monkeys!
IT’S AMAZING!

1 Like

It is taking on its true form of pure awesome.

Keep up the great work.

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

It’s like if Bioraiders took steroids…

Brilliant. I love it so far.

9 Likes

3/18/15

Sorry about the late update, for I went through a lot of builders block today.

I tried building more onto the body for like 3 hours, but I ended up scrapping most of my work. It just wasn’t up-to-par with the rest of the moc.

So, I did another #LegDay and built a basic idea for the back legs. Keep in mind that these are DEFINITELY not final.

I also sized them up with the rest of the build, and they are a bit too tall.

Much, MUCH more tomorrow! Didn’t get enough sleep last night, so todays progress wasn’t all that impressive. Hope to make up for it tomorrow :slight_smile:

7 Likes

wait, those things with the head were the Front legs?! Seus maria, you’re good!

@JMP Haha yea I guess that wasn’t clear! This thing gon’ be gigantor!

@Middlefingerstudios I’ll probably add some more trans green tomorrow

2 Likes

YES.

I thought the green looked good, but whatever, this looks equally as good, if not slightly better

1 Like

3/19/15

MY OH MY WAS TODAY A FINE DAY

I attached the back legs to the rest of the body. This thing looks truly incredible.

He has no backside yet, nor a tail. Oh it’s coming along well. It’s by far the largest moc i’ve ever built, as well.

See you all tomorrow!

13 Likes

Sweet Grob above protect me.

This. Is. FREAKING COOL. I can’t take it… it is so amazing!

7 Likes

This guy is fantastic ToxicMocs. However, the only issue I have with it at the moment is that the trans green is not dispersed evenly throughout the moc.

4 Likes

@Baldric Have no fear, I am definitely planning to fix that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet man, have at it. This guy is probably one of my favorite titans in a while.

1 Like

DUDE WOW
WOW
WOW WOW WOW
THIS IS PRETTY AMAZING
This is probably the most consistent colorscheme I’ve seen on a MOC of this scale. (Aside from @Artakha’s awesome Compsognathus, that is :3)
@Bambi needs to see this

4 Likes

Absolute beeaast

Really like it, don’t think I can give any more advice

FFFFFFFFFFF THIS IS AMAZING
I’m throwing money at the screen but nothing’s happening. :frowning:

4 Likes

Why is nothing happening?!

2 Likes

I have been summoned and I’m glad I was! How did I miss this? The bulk of the thing is really impressive. How well articulated is it? I’d be even more impressed if he’s this bulky and you can still pose him. Also, just out of curiosity and because @noob1234 compared it to my Compy, how big is he exactly? I must say, when I saw the legs I was disturbed by the color scheme, but it’s ironed itself out quite nicely. Tho the little yellow horn/spike things on the front legs look out of place since there’s no other yellow that I can see on the build.

3 Likes

@Artakha Articulation-wise… I can’t say too much. You can move his front arms in and out from his body fairly well, and the lower arm can swivel some. The back legs can also move in and out, and also a tad bit forward and back. The lower-back legs are actually pretty well articulated, as they can move forward-back, side-side, swivel, etc. fairly well. The head also has pretty fair articulation. In reference to size, I’m refraining from doing a measure until I add the tail.

Thank you so much for your feedback! It’s very, very much appreciated!

2 Likes