Making of the "Grovilath" MOC

Good lord that thing looks amazing

2 Likes

… I don’t know how to feel about this

@Political_Capps Because you don’t like it? Because it’s too incredible?.. explain yo self

it looks great but that may be because of it being a big moc. but upon closer inspection the color scheme and I’m sure that the bottom of the beast looks… bad because all the armoring went to the top and some of the pins are color scheme breaking and the the textures are inconsistent at best. Though i guess that comes with a large Moc like this.

I’m sorry but I don’t know how to feel :confused:

2 Likes

No it’s totally cool! For once some actual constructive criticism :smiley: Keep in mind, however, that the moc is not yet finished, and I am planning to fix slot of the problems you have (Mostly concerning the underside of the moc), but also with textures and such.

Thanks again for the feedback :smile:

2 Likes

3/20/15

This thing has officially become too large for the backdrop.

Today I finished off the booty and built a little tail. It’s not complicated, but it actually looks quite nice.

As you may be able to see, I did a bit of a color “blend” on the back from Black to Light silver using gun-metal as a lee-way. I think it looks quite nice :smile:

The big 'ol booty

He is so big now!

Now, a lot of you have been asking about the color scheme, and im positive that i’ll get some remarks on the choices I made for the backside. Theres something that should definitely be understood right now before any comments are made; this creation is all about imagination. I went into this thinking about how unexplored the ocean is; what kind of creatures could possibly live down there. Why not a crazy giant monster with tendrils, giant build, and (here it is) a crazy weird color scheme. Sure, there are inconsistencies, but that’s because there CAN BE! One part of the creature might be blue and dark red, while another part might be gray-scale.

Now, an exception to this would be some things that will get fixed later on, such as the trans-green. I am planning to add trans-green to the back legs, as well as the belly of the Grovilath. I also plan to work on texture, and things that go beyond creativity, and just look out-of-place and wrong.

I hope you all can understand my creative view-point. I’ll see you tomorrow for the FINAL DAY OF BUILDING!! :smiley:

9 Likes

This thing is great Toxic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Baldric Thanks, man!

@ToaVuhii Thank you! And, also, what’s the deal with this blurred text business?

@Artakha Thank you so much! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it :smiley:

Wow… this is really amazing so far. I almost can’t tell it’s a WIP.

IT’S SO DANG BIG

3 Likes

There’s no such thing! :laughing:

Very very nice. I can’t really critique too much, you’ve stated that you’re going to fix the things I can see that need work :stuck_out_tongue: the color scheme will look really cool when you’ve smoothed it out a bit, the texturing will likely be difficult, but for a MoC such as this that doesn’t mean as much, the blue pins here and there are something of an issue, not too bad tho, and there are open ball joints here and there. However, based on what this is intended to be, none of those things matter all that much as you already said. One thing I’ll point out as a color scheme oddity is the Mata red in the back legs/hips. Overall, this is easilly one of the best MoCs on the Message Boards imho

1 Like

oh good lord that looks amazing

what? No not the MOC the little exo force robot in the bottom right

he’s so amazing

JK, this MOC looks incredible

5 Likes

It’s massive! So huge!

The red and blue looks great to me, but the black hindquarters not so much.
Colors excepted, awesome work.

2 Likes

OH MY GOD
er
its looking nice

3 Likes

Each update just keeps blowing my mind.

Also, I am seriously envious of that massive Bionicle collection…

6 Likes

if i would even… i cant even think about something like this its so great i love it. :smiley:

2 Likes

3/21/15 (Final Update)

Not a lot of building today. Basically just a few touch-ups.

I added some more trans-green on the frontal shoulders…

…and also on the stomach!

Tomorrow, I will open up a new topic for the final pics and edits. I’ll link to the topic here, so be looking out for that!!

So excited for the final product. Thanks for all of your feedback along the way, you guys! :smile:

7 Likes

If this doesn’t get on Ven’s MOC spotlight, there is no justice in this world.

7 Likes

“Then Fudge All justice here and there after!”

seriously this thing is like a boss monster from some high-end game

2 Likes

@ColdGoldLazarus @JMP Thank you so much, you guys are awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes