"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

Second part of Makuta MOC - Legs

Ignore trans-green; will probably be a placeholder for another piece.

Thoughts?

15 Likes

Mine’s practically done.

10 Likes

Looks good! This part is VASTLY different from mine. My recommendation would be to add some half stud pins, and throw on some flat system panels to cover up that technic beam.

2 Likes

Alright, will give it a try.

Holy cow that’s awesome! It’s so sleek.

2 Likes

@Sabretooth, @MakutaTexxidos, @ThatchMac, @Apophyx, @Omega_Tahu, @Deathworks235

Thanks for the encouragement and constructive criticism!

However, I think that I’m going to keep building what I am truly good at… and make a shameless plug about it…

4 Likes

Are you still going to enter you’re Makuta?

Oh of course, it’s pretty much done so why not?

Doesn’t that count as an advertisement?

1 Like

Good, I’d hate to see sucha solid MOC go un-noticed by the Lego team. I’m still a little cautious to show mine, I dunno should I post it? I don’t want some of my ideas to get stolen.

2 Likes

I dunno, I’ve always done it and at the moment no moderator has said anything, so…

Still debating if I should post the photos. But I would remove the link, better safe than sorry.

I mean, people could “steal” your ideas when you post the pictures in the actual contest anyway, so I don’t see any problems in posting them here.

1 Like

True.

Ok, after some internal fighting with myself, I’ve desided to post my Makuta. He’s still heavily a WIP, almost nothing is final. Keep in mind I am not with the Makuta at the moment I Encourage constructive criticism. OK breath let’s go.

The blue bal will be purple in the final model. Two alternate upper arm designs. Which do you prefer?

Second arm design on Makuta. The first is above.

I might post a few prototype weopon designs later, for now, a wing design that is almost destined to change.

He’s too big for my studio. What do you guys think of the MOC? Any tips?

25 Likes

Looks amazing!

2 Likes

Looks really good, just seemed a bit thin in some areas. But since it’s a WIP, it’s to be expected. Looks promising :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you please tell me what area those are? Also, which arm design do you prefer guys I really need to know because I can’t decide. Do you like the paneled one, or the spike one?

1 Like

I’m really liking everything I’ve seen on this topic.

1 Like

Do you have a more clear photo?

1 Like