Makuta Hanoda

Hanoda, the Divided Soul

Species: Makuta
Kanohi: Calix, Great Mask of Fate (shapeshifted)
Pieces: 110

As a result of an experiment gone horribly wrong, the soul of Makuta Hanoda was split in half while still inhabiting one body. The noble half, signified by the green mask, has recalled the Makuta’s original mission and the will of the Great Spirit, and does everything he can to stay on the right path. The dark half, signified by the purple mask, is twisted and evil, perfect for what the Brotherhood now stands for under Teridax’s reign.

Unlike the similarly-fused Polnoc and Osara, the two halves of Hanoda’s soul are constantly fighting for control over the body; even if his antidermis inhabits an empty vessel, both halves will always travel together. In the short term, one can enjoy victory over the other, but in the long term, it’s obvious to see that Hanoda is more of a threat to himself than to anyone else.

Trivia

• Other than the need to rub the printing off the lime Roborider head (and the masks obviously), this moc is purist, which I’m really proud to have accomplished with this color scheme.
  • The color scheme is inspired by Shurara from Keroro Gunso.
15 Likes

There needs to be a half and half situation with the color scheme of the mask one half purple one half green on the sides. That way you have best of both worlds.

5 Likes

It can be a bit tough to do but I agree with Droconis. Best way might be with Part Designer to split the mask up.
Overall though I do really like the build a lot. Looks Great.

5 Likes

I considered using Splitface’s mask for this character, but it didn’t fit the vibe I was going for

5 Likes