Makuta Krika of the Melding Universe

Guardian of Spherus Magna, a staunch adherent of the three virtues. Krika emphasizes the virtue of destiny, believing that all beings have a purpose even if it is small.

The Makuta of the Melding Universe are mirror opposites to their Main Universe counterparts. With Krika, in the main story I see him as apathetic to destiny of any kind. By going along with the Brotherhood of Makuta in their plan, he shunned his inner light, cutting him off from any sort of noble destiny in defying them. He does still disobeys the Makuta, but only to make the plan more difficult, having no interest in their far reaching goals of glory. He even tries to prevent the Toa Nuva from completing their destiny of awakening Mata Nui.

So I made alternate Krika firmly devoted to his purpose as protector and guardian of the inhabitants of Sphereus Magna, bestowing the wisdom of the Great Beings to them. He still wears the Kanohi Crast, as all the Makuta wear immoral masks to remind them to be vigilant of any darkness within them.

On this piece:

I designed Krika with a moth influence because I wanted to keep the insect design from the set, and since these alternate Makuta are light beings, having him be a moth fits. Also the mask design was influenced by KhingK on Thingiverse Kanohi Crast, Great Mask of Repulsion (Makuta Variant) by KhingK - Thingiverse

Let me know what you think, thanks.

39 Likes

While the coat may be a bit too furry, it does fit with a moth aesthetic. Other than this, there’s not much at all I would complain about. It is very well drawn and colored.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wanted to get the moth fur in there, but not sure it makes too much sense since they aren’t really organic beings. Also those are meant to be wings folded behind his back. The ‘fur’ could just be really small metal bristles like he has on his arms and legs.

Nice, the red hairs (I think?) are a good tone down of his spikes in his mutated appearance. Personally I liked his long head was fine but what you’ve done looks cool as well.

I love the moth man vibe.

1 Like

Getting some serous luminoth vibes from this.

2 Likes

He’s soooo fluffy

I want to pet him

3 Likes

I love that you can see the sketch in the background

1 Like