Makuta Gorast of the Melding Universe

Makuta Gorast of the Melding Universe

Gaurdian of Spherus Magna, stationed at the Valley of the Maze, bastion of the Great Beings. Primary virtue is duty.

To describe this alternate Gorast, she still possesses the same unwavering commitment to the Brotherhood of Makuta, as her evil counterpart did, but is aligned with their noble cause of protecting and enlightening Spherus Magna. Hence her focus on duty. The evil Gorast was known for her cruelty and disregard for the life of others (as seen with her use of the Kanohi Felnas to eliminate those who fell out of line). This Gorast is renowned for her peaceful nature and compassion, but this should not be mistaken for her being a pushover. Always willing to rehabilitate those who have strayed from the virtues, but will deal accordingly with those who refuse to walk in the light.

Having banished her inner darkness she has access to light powers. She wields a scythe for channeling her light. She wears the Kanohi Felnas, as all Makuta wear masks of dubious morality to test their commitment to the light, since the power to inflict evil is always at arms length.

Original Sketches:

Character Design

Action Pose

On this piece:
I used the motif of a mantis for Gorast. As seen in my original sketches, I was going to go for a butterfly design, but after designing the scythe the mantis vibe came through more clearly. I tried to make this piece more dyanmic than the Makuta Krika piece I did, as that one was rather flat and more just a design reference. I also incorporated some actual bionicle pieces into the design. This isn’t based on any moc, so it’s loose with what parts I translated in the look. For example the scythe is inspired by the Keelerak mandibles.

I’ve been getting back into doing digital art, since it hasn’t been an area that I’ve done too much. So I’ll probably be making more stuff like this to exercise different techniques.

Mask based on the model by Galva_ at: Kanohi Felnas (Makuta Gorast) (G4H6YD9AX) by Galva_

Let me know what you think, thanks!

Previous Piece:

47 Likes

Very cool drawing and color work. This works so much for her character, I could just see those eyes fixated on Vultraz when she telekinetically through him against a wall, just because she didn’t like him.

1 Like

Very nice artwork, and she even got elbows!

2 Likes

This looks absolutely amazing.

1 Like

Thanks for the likes and comments. I’ve had some ideas floating around about some of the less explored areas of the lore for a little while (like the alternate universes), and thought it would be interesting to depict them. Let me know if you would like to see more of this stuff. thanks!

1 Like