Makuta Teridax vs the Galactic Republic (Star Wars)

Makuta Teridax is teleported to Coruscant as of one year before the Phantom Menace. He is given the form of and replaces Palpatine. How does the Star Wars saga change? Does Anakin still go over to the dark side? Is the Republic still manipulated by dark forces or do the Jedi defeat this menace?

• Round 1: he has no knowledge of the Star Wars Universe.
  • Round 2: he is given all of Palpatines knowledge
  • Bonus round: same as round 2 but the rest of the Brotherhood and his servants are teleported to Pillio also
2 Likes

Round 1: Terry, not knowing how everything works, goes “mad”; and Dooku goes ahead with the clone wars. Towards the end of the wars, terry steps in and makes an attempt at taking over everything, which probably succeeds, given how op he is.

wait I thought that was already canon

the GR? Im guessing during the clone wars era? yeah, terry wins everytime. the republic’s navy sucked and the GAR wouldnt last long against hordes of rahkshi. plus the political system in the republic is terrible

2 Likes

Round 1: he has telepathy and might just find someone who will tell him everythin, going to the Round 2.
Round 2: now that he knows, he will go find Grievous, as he is a cyborg too. Using his knowldge of how Bionicles and protodermis work, he will make an unstoppable army of Toa-like soldiers, that outperform both droids and clones easily. WHile those guys are built under Greivous command, Dooku and Terry make Republic and Separatists to matched for someone to win, and they just clash forever. After ultimate success with his army, he becomes very respected, and thus takes money/recources/scientists to create Interdimensional gates (aka Olmak) to teleport all the Brotherhood, going to the Round 3.
Round 3: he becomes ultimate dictator, and gives every Makuta their own planet to rule.

1 Like

In all seriousness, I think these two have enough in common where not much would really change during the Prequel years. Whether Teridax keeps his powers or not, he’s smart enough to pull off Palpatine’s plan pretty effectively - though perhaps in a more convoluted way, given his style.

Things might get more interesting later, though, as a result of Teridax’s disdain for powerful subordinates - I don’t think he’d have trusted Vader for very long (or tried to turn Luke to the Dark Side), instead simply ruling the empire more autonomously. This means that he might have actually succeeded in stopping the rebellion. And, also, he’s vain - his face would be everywhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

Death Star probably won’t exist in this timeline. While Palpatine has a few trusted allies and then destroys all the weaklings who oppose him, Teridax has no allies and prefers to subjugate and flex his power over anyone beneath him. He doesn’t just want power, he wants admiration - the only people he’d try and get rid of are those who are really likely to cause serious threat, or if his wants to make an example to a very specific audience (think Archives Massacre). I feel like the Death Star is too “blunt” an instrument for him to really want to have built.

Real question is whether he would consider the Star Wars galaxy worth ruling, or if he’d try to make his way back to the MU somehow. And that’s anyone’s guess. I don’t think he’d be too happy with the idea of a frail, time-limited body, however long it might live - remember that was how he used to keep his experiments under control.

These are just scattered thoughts - they apply mostly to round 1 and 2 (if he ends up having no knowledge or powers, he’d have to tread carefully. Otherwise he’s fine.)

The Bonus Round introduces an interesting element, because he’d probably want to find of some way to dispose of the Brotherhood all at once - they’d pose more threat to him than most other entities in the SW universe. So maybe the Death Star would come into existence here - but not as a political weapon so much as a stand-in for the energy storms. I can’t think of much else in SW off-hand that would be able to effectively eliminate that many Makuta without risk.

[Rise of Skywalker spoiler]

Also, Rey probably won’t exist.

2 Likes

Now I really want this

3 Likes