Makuta the Mask Breaker

Flickr link

I hope you’re not sick of seeing Makuta’s ugly mug yet because here’s another :v

The goal here was just to build a bigger and meaner version of Makuta’s original mask maker form. The scratch built Mask of Creation was where the project started and what decided the direction I went in in the end. Overall I’m pretty pleased with how the final product came out, even if the themes present are a bit generic and overplayed at this point. Oh yeah, here’s a link to the entry on Rebrick, you can find more angles and closeups there. Alternatively, check out this Brickshelf gallery when it goes public.

Anyway, thanks a lot for taking a look and good luck in the contest everybody!

108 Likes

What the…
That’s so ridiculously amazing I can’t…
I can’t even…
It’s just so good.

9 Likes

I’m surprised how complicated build you were able to smack in such a tight space, yet still keeping it smooth.

4 Likes

Great job! For such a large MOC the textures flow very well. Also, I love the shaping of his mask.

2 Likes

I love how the moc contrast, however the chest does stick out alittle.

2 Likes

i… just cant… words how good this thing looks

1 Like

Woah I have no words other then… Then… ITS SO AMAZING

1 Like

Incredible. I love the texture of the moc and how well it flows together, amazing work!!

1 Like

I gave you my opinion yesterday on dA. It still applies.

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone!

1 Like

What the…

1 Like

Sweet homemade bro.

1 Like

I feel like it may need more purple. A lot of the build is either Gold or Black with minor tips of red on his spikes and a grey and black staff. Having a bit more variance would help bring out the detail more in the complexity of his body, otherwise you cant really see the detail when viewed in passing.

3 Likes

His face is nightmare fuel. I love it.

Also, the chest wheel looks nice, and I like the spikes, and the everything. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a pretty good MOC. Best of luck in the contest!

2 Likes

No one else here knows Warhead? Good to know the current amount of EB-/BZP-Frequenters.

On the other hand, it’s menacingly beautiful. Use of ye olde spinner piece instead of the C-Carriage wheel in the center has been done marvelously. Good job!

1 Like

everybody knew it was him from his Trooper he posted a while back.

As I said on Flickr, love the torso shaping.

1 Like

This makes me rethink what will be my entry :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

O: I Cant breath. that is the best MOC i have seen yet. all skeletal frame is covered! it just fits together like a complete puzzle! i love it this deserves 10000000000000 likes. O:

1 Like