MakutaFest 2015 Post-Show Discussion

Creating this right now just to let everybody know that the latest update video has been posted, announcing the winners of the Q&A Raffle and unveiling our EPIC PRIZES!

MakutaFest 2015 is the sixth edition of our yearly collaboration with BioSector01! It is a live stream extravaganza where we recap the year’s events, discuss the state of the BIONICLE fandom at large, have Q&A with the fans, and do prize giveaways!

MakutaFest 2015 will be held on July 11th, 2015, at 2:30 P.M. Pacific, 3:30 P.M. Mountain, 4:30 P.M. Central, 5:30 P.M. Eastern on our MakutaFest Twitch Account.

SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Q: I don’t have a Twitch account! What do I do?!?!
A: Fret not! A Twitch account is not required to watch and enjoy the live event. You only need a (free and easy) Twitch account if you want to comment in the stream chat, which is how you submit answers for the trivia questions. Speaking of which…

Q: I want to win prizes!!! How can I?
A: To be eligible for our prize giveaways, simple be prepared to answer BIONICLE-related trivia questions as we ask them on the stream. Could be story-related, set-related, or extended media-related. It could also be from G1 or G2. Who knows?!?!?! In order to enter the Grand Prize Raffle, simply email me at Mesonak@gmail.com stating that you would like to enter the raffle.

Q: I want to know how long the event will be so I can plan my schedule! How long are you expecting it to be?
A: Honestly, I can’t tell you. MakutaFest tends to range anywhere from 2-4 hours. We’re hoping for 2-3 hours this year since we’re drastically cutting back on the Q&A. Trivia questions will be asked periodically throughout the show, with the Grand Prize winner being announced at the very end.

Honestly, that’s pretty much all I can think of. If you have any more questions, simply ask them and I will do my best to answer them for you! Thank you all!

-Mesonak

10 Likes

congrats to the peeps who get to go on skype with you guys :smile:

and that grand prize, awesome

RIP mods hopes and dreams of entering though

2 Likes

Well, at least MT and I get to ask questions :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

ask them “hey why don’t I get to enter” :laughing:

1 Like

Solid plan… (pretty sad that staff can’t get prizes :cry:)

(but I’m now seriously thinking about what I should ask…)

1 Like

So Moderators on here still get to moderate Makuta Fest? (Because I was told I could when I was first hired).

Also, is the raffle only for the question-askers, or can Moderators also get involved with that?

1 Like

Upon further reflection, we can probably handle it in-house without your help. So thanks, but we’re good. :smiley:

As for the raffle, TTV cast members and board moderators cannot enter into the Grand Prize Raffle or Prize trivia questions. However, everybody else can. :smiley:

-Mesonak

3 Likes

Darn. I wanted to get my greedy hands on Mask Maker vs. Ekimu. :frowning:

4 Likes

Wowee look at that!!! I won the Q and A section!!! First one read off in the video too!!

@Mesonak: because I won in the Q and A, will this diminish my chance of being able to win something in the raffle and trivia questions?

1 Like

Not at all! Congratulations on winning! :smiley:

-Mesonak

4 Likes

Thank you! What questions did I get right?

1 Like

Literally, the only one you got right was the one about Varderan saying Mardi Gras the most. It’s pretty lucky for you that you got selected. XD

The answers, for full disclosure, were as follows:

Eljay got the Protectors first
Solek is my most hated set
Varderan said Mardi Gras the most

Any of the masks on the “Other Kanohi” page on BS01 EXCEPT FOR Mask of Healing and plus the Mask of Scavenging.
BZPower PMs
Mambo

-Mesonak

4 Likes

shocking :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow. I knew I was pretty lucky! I won a free ticket to New York comic con for the Bionicle Lego stage last year from BZpower. The ONLY reason I couldn’t go was because I can’t drive a car yet and my dad couldn’t get off work to take me. I was planning on hiking all the way across the country (I live in Texas) but I didn’t think I could do it. So all day Thursday I sat at my computer watching yours and Var and Kahi’s Twitter feeds pop up with new Bionicle pictures. I still wish I could’ve gone and met ya’ll.

2 Likes

AND WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US

having said that, i shall still watch the livestream

and cry myself to sleep

4 Likes

hehehe.

1 Like
3 Likes

you cannot enter either chronicler

c:

4 Likes

I thought meso said it the mos…