Makuta's puppets - Toa Hagah (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art))

I like this artwork although one of my main issues with it is how Gaaki’s mask is the same as Hahli Inika’s but silver. It’s not the one I personally envisioned and also kind of distracts from the others knowing that everyone else has a mask that’s mainly unique to them, but with that being said, I wish you luck at the polls!

1 Like

Thanks! About Gaaki’s mask it is different than Hahli since she has an orgnaic one, made of rubber, meanwhile Gaaki would have an inorganic one, made of hard plastic that fit in a Metru head. The problem I see with using a unique design like Galva or KhingK’s masks is that it would introduce a new mask with unknow power.
Norik use Dume’s mask, I gave Photok’s mask to Pouks and Bomonga… I tried to leave it to interpreation if he has the exact same mask as Hahli Mahri or not. So I though it isn’t bad to use an old mask, speacially if it have a different color to separete it from the original.

2 Likes

Personally I like the one with the characters with their original colors

An entry curator to other entry curators, I don’t see anything wrong with the entry.

3 Likes

it also pretty decent art. (even if norik looking sideways lmao)

Someone must cover that flank

2 Likes

Kualus upper arms wrong color

2 Likes

Hush :shushing_face:

We’re waiting for every auditors vote on that… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

y’all voting? shouldn’t some things just be a “yes this breaks the rules vs no it doesn’t break the rules” tho

2 Likes

wish I signed up sooner :pensive:

4 Likes

I presume the masks are also being taken into account here?

2 Likes

Double hush :shushing_face:

We’ve noted aspects, we gonna be posting notes one full comment per entry hopefully. Oh darn now I’ll get a smack on the hand for spoiling stuff.

Maybe some of the other contests will need more people? Not everyone will always be available and I’m sure you’d be a cool team member.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for entering! Unfortunately, we’ve detected two issues regarding adherence to the contest rules. Firstly, you used the official Faxon mold, while the winning inspiration MOC locked a custom version of this mask. Secondly, your Kualus uses a different design for the mask of sensory aptitude than the winning MOC. The winning entry also locked the mask for Kualus. It’s been decided that these are not acceptable changes. If you could please correct Bomonga’s mask and Kualus’ mask within the next three days, your entry will be fully accepted and move on to the polls!

1 Like

So Kualus’s upper arms being changed is fine?

Yes it is.

Thanks for pointing that out, it’s a detail we all missed. I updated the request.

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll stfu about it then

1 Like

What about the changes to Kualus’ Mask of Sensory Aptitude, specifically the additional ridges and indents on the side? That would seem to me like the same issue as changing the Faxon from the custom one to the standard one.

3 Likes

This Bomonga also still uses an entirely different build for the shoulder armor, copying one of the runner-up Bomongas rather than using metru shoulder armor like the winner, which I’d argue is a much bigger deal than just the mask. It also obscures Bomonga’s limbs and shows black balljoints (not the grey hordika necks needed for metru torso limbs) attaching to the upper arms. That might seem like a small thing, but it implies the limbs (which can’t be seen) are entirely different pieces from what the winning moc used.

I’m aware the poster addressed the shoulders earlier by just saying they’re not the wrong build, but you can literally look at them…

8 Likes

I have made the changes asked. I also changed Kualus arm (I didn’t even noticed that the original were black).

7 Likes

Great artwork and color variations!

1 Like