Makuta's puppets - Toa Hagah (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art))

Done.

Perhaps the infamous Blue Steel
Awesome entry, the reasoning behind the alterations is good. Good luck in the polls!

1 Like

while I love the pouks with metalic blue. (it works suprisingly well on him) I do like the orange gold on gaaki and metalic green on bomonga. gives them something unique that would help them stand out in the character lineup.

all are this honor guard type character but each is their own subtype if you will. bomonga being this towering giant. pouks this tough and darker metal. gaaki with this exotic copper plate and kualus having this distant warrior in the mist metal blue. while iruni and norik have two different interpretations of the shining knight. one being dressed in gold and the other feeling more militant in silver.

overall I like the drawing with them standing on a hill. as if they are surrounded on all sides. (fools. now they don’t have to worry where to point their weapons as they will know they’ll always hit something) it gives them this heroic last stand vibe that I really like with the mask of shadows looming over them.

2 Likes

Maybe that why they looks so fabulous.

I do like a lot copper Gaaki and Green Bomonga, I made a recolor with that combination. But having to buy two extra pintures I think is a lot of work for replicability sake, so I went for a 2:2:2 ratio, but I would be perfectably fine with each member having their own color.

1 Like

I like this artwork although one of my main issues with it is how Gaaki’s mask is the same as Hahli Inika’s but silver. It’s not the one I personally envisioned and also kind of distracts from the others knowing that everyone else has a mask that’s mainly unique to them, but with that being said, I wish you luck at the polls!

1 Like

Thanks! About Gaaki’s mask it is different than Hahli since she has an orgnaic one, made of rubber, meanwhile Gaaki would have an inorganic one, made of hard plastic that fit in a Metru head. The problem I see with using a unique design like Galva or KhingK’s masks is that it would introduce a new mask with unknow power.
Norik use Dume’s mask, I gave Photok’s mask to Pouks and Bomonga… I tried to leave it to interpreation if he has the exact same mask as Hahli Mahri or not. So I though it isn’t bad to use an old mask, speacially if it have a different color to separete it from the original.

2 Likes

Personally I like the one with the characters with their original colors

An entry curator to other entry curators, I don’t see anything wrong with the entry.

3 Likes

it also pretty decent art. (even if norik looking sideways lmao)

Someone must cover that flank

2 Likes

Kualus upper arms wrong color

2 Likes

Hush :shushing_face:

We’re waiting for every auditors vote on that… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

y’all voting? shouldn’t some things just be a “yes this breaks the rules vs no it doesn’t break the rules” tho

2 Likes

wish I signed up sooner :pensive:

4 Likes

I presume the masks are also being taken into account here?

2 Likes

Double hush :shushing_face:

We’ve noted aspects, we gonna be posting notes one full comment per entry hopefully. Oh darn now I’ll get a smack on the hand for spoiling stuff.

Maybe some of the other contests will need more people? Not everyone will always be available and I’m sure you’d be a cool team member.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for entering! Unfortunately, we’ve detected two issues regarding adherence to the contest rules. Firstly, you used the official Faxon mold, while the winning inspiration MOC locked a custom version of this mask. Secondly, your Kualus uses a different design for the mask of sensory aptitude than the winning MOC. The winning entry also locked the mask for Kualus. It’s been decided that these are not acceptable changes. If you could please correct Bomonga’s mask and Kualus’ mask within the next three days, your entry will be fully accepted and move on to the polls!

1 Like

So Kualus’s upper arms being changed is fine?

Yes it is.

Thanks for pointing that out, it’s a detail we all missed. I updated the request.

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll stfu about it then

1 Like