They deserve to be remembered as the greatest of Toa (BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2)

Well, you’ll definitely get the vote of the people who want a 3-3-3 split, unless someone else does one. I’ve been hoping we’d get at least one. Surprised you made Kualus gold and not Gaaki, but I can see why if purity was your aim.

Definitely has my vote.

but it probably won’t be allowed because kualus’ scarf is like 2 degrees off from the correct shade of tan

I know the Kalmah foot on Pouks’ chest is one, what’s the other?

4 Likes

Kualus’s spear tip.

2 Likes

Well well well. This gets my Number one vote.

{Unless somebody makes this split and gives Gaaki the same mask, of which I doubt.)

The reasons are:
The split
Gaakis mask
Bomonga being Gold in the 3/3 split
The way Noriks Pehuki was drawn makes this fit even more the comic style
Bomonga looks awesome
Me having the staff piece for Gaaki.

Ah yes the nine Toa Hagah, Norik, Kualus, Bomonga, Iruini, Gaaki, Pouks and the other three.

5 Likes

Thank you for making this builder friendly with color split. Luckily the only retail pieces in the moc that would need painting for this artwork are Kualus’ spear tip and Pound’ chest plate armor. This minimizes the inconvenience for spraying parts to match certain lego piece colors :sweat_smile: You earned my vote!

2 Likes

Pouks’ chest armor can be switched out for a regular Hordika foot that looks the almost the same too!

4 Likes

Really like the mask choice for Gaaki.

2 Likes

this is nice! Thank you for making a 3:3 entry.

3 Likes

Hey,

Thanks so much for participating and I’m sorry this message has come so late! As a result of our overdue review of the entries before the creation of the final artwork poll, we’ve noticed a very minor, nitpicky problem that will need some correction if your entry is to move on to the polls. Our rules state the following about recoloring pieces:

Based on this, we’re going to ask that you recolor the upper arms of Kualus to be black rather than light grey. Your entry doesn’t explicitly break any rules, but the issue is that determining what color alterations are allowed and which ones are banned has been a frustratingly subjective process and a tough thing to narrow down. For this contest, to mitigate confusion, the line we’ve decided to draw is to allow some minor color alterations so long as the color is present in the original design; in this case, grey isn’t, and it’s been mentioned to us by community members that for us to remain consistent with our ruling on other entries, yours should be changed as well.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience; if you could just darken up the shade to be black in the next seven days, that would be ideal and everything should be good to go.

5 Likes

Then why did Stuubh earlier say recoloring the upper arms is fine for another entry?

1 Like

I think this is what they were going with but i dunno I’m not an auditor

1 Like

In the other entry, the arms are recolored to white - which is within the original MOC’s color scheme. Grey isn’t. It’s a lil nitpicky, we know, but a line had to be drawn somewhere other than “does it look mostly the same” and the MOC’s preexisting colorscheme was it.

3 Likes

White upper arms isn’t the preexisting color scheme, though. This seems like a really uneven application of the rules.

3 Likes

If it helps, one of the people with white upper arms voluntarily just changed them to black a few minutes ago. I don’t know if there are other entries with the same changes made

2 Likes

I did see that

1 Like

It … is. There’s white in the original color scheme, but no dark grey. Therefore, changing something minor like the upper arms to white is fine, but to grey is not.

But the upper arms being white isn’t in the color scheme.

Also, shouldn’t Norik’s eyes be green?

1 Like

I think what they’re trying to say is that as long as the color appears anywhere else on the figure, it’s fair game. There isn’t any dark grey on the original moc, but there is white and black.

1 Like

If we wanted to go that far, there is dark grey on the original moc, but I don’t want to be that ■■■■ about it. I just don’t see the merit in enforcing the rule this way, and I think changing the color scheme at all beyond what is allowed (metallic color) constitutes a major change. EDIT: Then again, I’m not an auditor (though I applied recently, and I guess we’ll see where that goes).

4 Likes

I have made the changes requested, with the grey changed to black on Kualus.

However, I must get this off my chest. After watching everything going on, I can’t say I’m happy with how the rules seem to not be inforced on other entries. Intentional or not it comes across as bias and can be interpreted as double standards by others.

If you are planning on continuing these competitions, I seriously recommend that you start enforcing the rules more evenly if you want to attract more talent in the art contests. At the moment you are turning off other artists in the community from entering with your attitude.

11 Likes

It’s possible that the Auditors simply haven’t gotten around to evaluating those entries yet.

1 Like