Marama, Toa of Light

(The Great Mask of Possibilities was ordered off of Shapeways)

Name: Marama
Species: Av-Matoran (Toa)
Element: Light
Kanohi: Great Mask of Possibilities
Weapon: Spear
Home Island: Vaha Nui
Backstory: Marama was an Av-Matoran Kanoka Disk maker from the island of Vaha Nui. Her village was attacked and destroyed during the Dark Hunters’ siege of the island, and she was one of the few to escape. Marama fled all the way to a Vo-Matoran village in the northern part of Vaha Nui, where she encountered a male Vo-Matoran outcast named Voltstorm (one day, I will finally re-name him to something that actually sounds good…) and a Ta-Matoran warrior who also escaped a raid on his village.

The three Matoran were later approached by a Toa of Iron (who was accompanied by a Bo-Matoran doctor, a Fa-Matoran navigator, and a bitter Kra-Matoran warrior), who told them that Koda, the Turaga of Vaha Nui, had requested their presence (the Toa was relieved that he didn’t have to travel to another two villages to find the Matoran Koda requested, since the last three were all in the same village).

Upon reaching the island’s capital, Marama and the other five Matoran were given Toa stones by Turaga Koda, which transformed the Matoran into the Toa Vaha…

Huh, perhaps a white background for a predominately white build was a mistake… Ah, well, it was the only background I had. Anyway, I finished building Marama a few weeks ago, but I just got her mask in the mail on Friday. Her build is similar to Arkai’s, in an attempt to make a unified-looking team.

Here’s a better view of her weapon, which I actually designed several months ago.

And, finally, here’s Marama with her bitter rival and fellow Toa Vaha, Arkai.

Trivia: Her name “Marama” means “Light” in Maori.

Well, that’s all for now. Thanks for viewing!

35 Likes

Agh I really love Metru builds more than is healthy.

Every time I see a MOC with a backstory I get a renewed sense of guilt for being too lazy to get on top of my own story :frowning:

Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Another great MOC, nice.

1 Like