Tumeke (Self-MOC)

(The previous version with the pathetic name can be found here)

Just in time for 810NICLE Day (well, kind of…), here’s the newest version of my Self-MOC, who has recently been renamed Tumeke (which means “Shock” in Maori):

Name: Tumeke (pronounced TOO-meek)
Species: Vo-Matoran (created by the Makuta of Vaha Nui)
Element: Lightning
Mask: Kanohi Kakama, Great Mask of Speed
Home Island: Vaha Nui
Weapon: Scepter of Elemental Energy
Affiliation: Toa Vaha (leader)
Backstory: After the Vaha Nui Civil War , and event which decimated the Matoran population of the island, the Makuta of Vaha Nui did something almost no other Makuta has ever done: he created new Matoran, thousands of them, to repopulate the island. Tumeke was one of those Matoran, though it remains a mystery as to why the Makuta made him a male Vo-Matoran, as most other Vo-Matoran are female. Tumeke’s fellow Matoran (except a Vo-Matoran named Volah) thought that a male Vo-Matoran might be a sign of a curse on their village, causing him to live on the outskirts of Vo-Koro. At some point, Tumeke encountered a Ta-Matoran and a female Av-Matoran, both of which were on the run from the Dark Hunters’ constant siege on the island. A Toa of Iron, accompanied by a Fa-Matoran, a Bo-Matoran, and a Kra-Matoran, visited the three Matoran, informing them that the Turaga of Vaha Nui requested their presence. The Toa and six Matoran traveled to the island’s capital, where they found the Turaga and, upon meeting him, the Turaga gave the six Matoran Toa Stones, which transformed them into the Toa Vaha

While I used some similar designs to what I used in the previous version, I feel like this is an all-around improvement. I’m still not entirely sure if I’m satisfied with the transparent neon-orange studs on his arms, though.

Also, while I’d like to remove the CCBS pieces from his legs, I still haven’t found a way to replace them…

The back looks… marginally better than the previous version, which I did not include in the original post (out of shame, most likely :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Here are his weapons: his… Lightning Sword? To be honest, the sword doesn’t really have a name… or a reason to exist… but it just looked right for a Toa of Lightning.

He also uses the Scepter of Elemental Energy, which was a gift from the Makuta Malix. The Scepter of Elemental Energy functions similarly to Takanuva’s Power Lance, as it has the ability to amplify elemental powers.

Finally, here’s a size comparison with Vezon.

Well, that’s all for now. Thanks for viewing, and happy 810NICLE Day!

24 Likes

I like how consistent his color scheme is for the most part, and his weapon is awesome! Nice moc!

1 Like

It would be nice if you use this model for the Chiara contest!

Thanks!

Considering that he’s my Self-MOC… and he’s a he, while Chiara’s a she, I will not be entering this model in the contest. However, if I choose to enter the Chiara canon contest, I may take some inspiration from my own Self-MOC (as sort of a “self-insertion” into canon :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like