Mārei, Warrior of Stone

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Pieces: 44

I’ve never worked with the protector build before, decided to give it a try with a female warrior of stone. Mārei. No back story yet.

24 Likes

I think you should include a full front image without the blade in front, I can’t really make out everything otherwise.

2 Likes

I like her! :thumbsup:

Edit: fixed ^^

1 Like

Added front view

@DG_Eddie

*her

And thank you ^^

1 Like

Simple, but cool.

1 Like

Thank you ^^

Nice looking moc. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

She is just dwarfed by that sword, Trés bién

1 Like

Merci

I rarely see two handed swords in mocs, and I thought the toa-sized sword would work perfectly for a protector sized great sword.

2 Likes

love the design of the small protector

1 Like

Thank you. A bit of inspiration was the appearance of younger villagers, as well as how the matoran looked in the movies. Thin upper limbs, bulky lower limbs. I also tried to mimic the build of the toas, building up a back that has areas to add weapons or tools.

Feels weird for a okotan to not have an add-on chest.

2 Likes

I personally see that as a masculine thing. Plus it would’ve made the torso too big

Not a fan of the back. I dunno if it’s a shield or anything, but it doesn’t cover well and sticks out.

1 Like

It’s actually not part of her body at all. It’s to represent a survival bag. Like a backpack. It attaches my a single axel hole and functions both as a way to store the weapon handle (for two handed use) as well as additional back armor. The bohrok eye representing a chisel.

Sorry for double post. I finally found a name for her.

Hahaha this MOC and I share the same name sorta :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ha, sort of :stuck_out_tongue:

I just looked through random Maori words until I found one that stuck.

Well the Arabic meaning of Marei (my surname) roughly translates to “one who is cared for; protected” (masculine only), so what a lovely coincidence. Any idea what Mārei means in Maori?

1 Like