Marendar, the predator

Hello everybody, I wasn’t going to post this until later, but @Cordax and @anon55031085 convinced me to post it today. This is my take on Marendar, so without further ado, here he is!

This is the main enemy of my toa ultima series, so if you haven’t checked them out yet you should. It’s not complete yet but I’ll be posting another entry in it later today. Anyway, back to marendar. I also intend on entering it in the contest when that happens. I decided to show him fighting an easily recognizable toa, and the only one I had was lewa. Biosector01 said he was a little taller then a toa, so I made him a little taller than an inika build.
So, what do you guys think? As always comments and criticism appreciated.

15 Likes

Thanks, it was my brother’s Design, this was a joint project that me and him did. He made the arms and head and I made the body and legs.

2 Likes

I get a very beastial vibe, which I think fits.

1 Like

The overall head construction feels a bit incoherent, but I like the faceplate itself. It looks very alien and menacing.

1 Like

“The Triple Jointers are a sub-group of Bionicles who have two elbow joints and two knee joints per limb. Though there are countless Bionicles with double elbows/knee joints, only a small number of them have been officially designated as “Triple Jointers,” beginning with the Triple Jointers subgroup proper in 1986 and continuing with specific individuals thus marked in the years following.”

-Definitely not taken and modified from the Transformers wikia

This Marendar is pretty simple in design, with very little complexity (which seems to be really popular in the canon contests) and, as I mentioned before, two knees and two elbows.

Now for some reason if your action figure or Bionicle model has a very small second joint at their knee or elbow, it actually means a wider range of motion and is considered to be very good design, so you might want to look into a custom assembly to swap out those particular joints with. IMO.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I will say that I had no control over the arms except for armoring them up a bit and my brother really liked the double joint, and I’ll say its grown on me too. Also, because of the kind of connections used on the arms, there isn’t really any way to make them much smaller then the already are. Also, I have no idea what you’re talking about with the knees, they are single jointed.

Oh, I see, you just stuck an axle through… Another joint… Specifically a 2008 variant…

This won’t end well.

1 Like

Cue the horror music

1 Like

very sleek

IT’S A PREDATOR
sleek, and agile looking. nice job.

I like this