Marendar VS Tuyet

Tuyet, Artakha, Hafu and Kapura found themselves in between a mountainous and a savannah, which had only days before been part of great desert of bara Magna before Mata Nui used Ignika to give desert life.

Tuyet was exhausted, the destruction of the tower had been immense. They were saved by Artakha’s power but did not know where they were or what happened to Helryx and others in the tower.

“I wish I had crabbed Helryx instead of you Tuyet” Artakha stated with contempt

Tuyet observed the ancient smith coldly. “Why wouldn’t you? I am as much of a toa as she ever wa…is” Tuyet wished Helryx was dead but didn’t think Artakha would share the sentiment.

“I know who you are and more importantly I know your crimes” Artakha said with distaste. "

Matoran were confused, Hafu thought back and started to think the story he had forgotten about Tuyet was not as pleasant one as they had hoped.

Tuyet was not pleased. She had hoped the anonymity of her crimes would continue a little bit longer. " Well, what will you do? Pit is gone and most likely Order of Mata Nui too not to mention Artakha"

“Don’t be so certain, Helryx had many capable lieutenants. After I know where we are and where they are I will gladly give you to them”

During back-and-forth Tuyet had slowly moved her hand towards her pouch were the Nui stone resided, she would not be taken to the pit. If A living legend had to be taken down so the universe would flourish so, be it.

Before she could do what was necessary, she was stopped by a shiver… She turned around only to see a tall, ominous entity standing atop a nearby rock looking directly at her.

She was frozen with fear. her mind went blank her muscles refused to move. She had never felt such overwhelming all ceasing terror. How could she. No Toa had ever felt this kind of hopelessness, since that kind of terror is only felt when the helpless pray sees their natural hunter.

Artakha saw the figure too. He could see it was biomechanical like them and from that alone deduce its creators. More importantly he could also see what the creature was made for, killing.

That was enough information to Act. He tapped to his power and warped the space around him and teleported behind the creature. As he emerged from the spacetime the creature turned towards him and before he could react it reminded Artakha of a sensation he had not felt since his fight with Karzahni. Pain. And introduced him to a situation he had never faced. Defeat.

Creature hit Artakha to the stomach and took his breath away. Before he could react creature crabbed Artakha and threw him off the rock to the ground. The moment creature let go it took of Artakha’s legendary Mask of Creation. Artakha hit the ground hard, disoriented from the separation of a mask that had filled his mind for 100 millennia, he could do nothing when the creature jumped after him and smashed against him making him lose consciousness.

Matoran watched in horror as a being made for creation was defeated by a being made for combat.

Tuyet collected herself, in an adrenaline filled determination she reached Nui Stone and tapped into its power. No matter what, she had to destroy that thing. if Artakha had to be washed away with it, all the better. Two birds, one stone.

Energy surged through her. She let it build up only a second before she unleashed a jet stream with the power of a 100 toa. The jet stream hit both the creature and Artakha. The matoran were hit back by the wind. As the power continued to pour into her the jet stream grew in size.

Tuyet laughed as the power coursed through her. The power to wipe away all her enemies and obstacles that would dare to challenge her. She was filled with divine confidence. She would use this creature to prove matoran a ruler like her would be needed to protect them in this new world. They would travel to civilisation and create a new perfect order, finally… The power rose to the 500-fold and Tuyet almost cried from euphoria.

It all stopped when a cold hand of steel emerged from the jet stream and grapped her from the neck, while other hand grabbed the Nui Stone and took it from her. The power disappeared, the jet stream subsided, and Tuyet felt like she had hit a wall.

She gasped for air and desperately tried to reach the Nui Stone just out of her reach. The toa hunter took no notice and observed the stone. Then it crushed the stone and let the dust drop and be taken by the wind. Tuyet’s mouth opened in a silent agony before her neck was snapped equally unceremoniously.

Toa hunter let the would be Empress drop to the ground. The Matoran huddled together ready for the worst. Instead, the Creature ignored them and observed the destruction the jet stream had cause to freshly created world. Everything as far as eye could see was washed away. Kapura thought he saw a hint of sadness in the creatures’ eyes before it chose a direction and continued its mission.

4 Likes

ya might wanna fix that error
it’s kinda
ahem
Bad

4 Likes

Nice! There are a few errors here and there but altogether this short story is pretty good.

3 Likes

By errors do you mean lore or grammatical? I used word to write it but I guess it can’t see mistakes like using small words like in,on, at wrongly. I get those mixed often.

1 Like

It’s grammatical

1 Like

wow
very good - tho i would like to see a story one day were tuyet deafets marendar and nearly takes over

1 Like

Certainly many ways are possible for the story. Personally I think greg would not have done it since we already got an empress tuyet in alternative world.

2 Likes

Then they noticed that Artakha had grabbed his mask out of the corner. He had only appeared to be dead… Then the Matoran noticed something else. He was carrying a strange orange blaster, holding it gingerly, like a tool one dislikes in the extreme. He aimed it at Marendar’s back, and fired a blast…

Would the Judgment Cannon even work on Marendar?

2 Likes

We don’t know much about Marendar, but there’s nothing immediately obvious about it that should stop the Judgement Cannon from working; Marendar is a sapient being, and it is implied that it is constructed in the same manner as Matoran Universe inhabitants.

One thing that could stop the Cannon’s effect, though, would be if Marendar has a mental shield. It has never been specified either way whether Marendar has such a shield, but it wouldn’t be unreasonable to think that it might, given that Marendar is meant to be a “superweapon”, is immune to Elemental Powers (including Psionics, presumably), and might even have control over Elemental Powers.

Marendar could probably shoot energy beam themselves to fight the weapon. But otherwise Marendar is biomechanical like other beings of MU

If Marendar has immunity towards elemental powers and the gun uses psychic element then Marendar is also immune to the judgement guns effects.

I was just thinking that that would actually be a somewhat funny ending: the superweapon made to combat the Makuta ends up being used to stop Marendar by destroying his programming. And it could also be the only destructive act that Artakha ever performs.

Certainly forcing a force of good to commit unthikable/against nature acts is compelling storytelling.