Marendar

My interpretation of the character Marendar from Bionicle G1. Does it at all match with what you thought Marendar might look like?

34 Likes

Really nice!

2 Likes

Not what I thought of when I thought “Marendar”, but I think it actually works pretty well. I might thy and make him more consistently black and grey for the stuff that’s not trans-blue; the fingers feel like they are the only blue that isn’t translucent.

3 Likes

The blue and glow-in-the-dark pieces really give this a unique feel, as do the two pairs of eyes. Honestly, it’s so common to see people go for black or grey with Marendar that it’s refreshing to see something different.

3 Likes

It doesn’t really scream Marendar to me, but it’s still cool nonetheless. I especially like the head design with the four eyes.

6 Likes

I like that it doesn’t look like a generic robot and it’s something more creative and out there. Good job! I’m hyped to see more creative Marendars like this

4 Likes

Seeing as my marendar moc looks nothing like this, I definitely have a different view of him. Regardless, this is an incredibly cool moc and it’s why the contest that I’m most looking forward to is the marendar one. I can’t wait to see all of the amazing mocs and different interpretations. Do you think you’re going to enter this into the contest?

1 Like

Yeah I would like to enter this into the Marendar contest, it sucks that it’ll be held such a long time from now.

3 Likes

Getting strong Halo Elite vibes off of this one! Looks good.

1 Like

This looks like an Eldritch being that WILL hunt you down.
Putting aside my own preconceptions about Marendar, that fits him to a T.

Also I can easily imagine that glowing armor to be completely resistant to elemental powers or something like that.

1 Like

Well, that’s very different from how I imagine Marendar, but I like it nonetheless.

It has some cool building techniques, unique part usages as well and ,most importantly, it looks intimidating which is something necessary for Marendar.

Now I will just need to wait a couple years for the Marendar contest to start so I can vote for you.

3 Likes

Aww, thanks!

1 Like

Its a very cool build but looks more like a nightmare from the pit rather than a Marendar. I do like the arm blade though for a Marendar I feel that he is lacking in weaponry, he also feels too organic> I applaud you on the head design and leg build though. Also the Takadox chest piece is pretty cool. Your 2 years early with this entry though lol.

3 Likes

I mean we all are, but marendar is cool and the one you can have the most creativity with.

1 Like