Mario movie (2022)

discuss the nightmare soon to grace our eyes, known as Chris Pratt Mario

9 Likes

7 Likes

“It’s a me, a Mario.” - Chris Pratt

I think all the memes and animations etc. prove that the casting can work, I’m cautiously optimistic. Unlike other series, this will be a movie I can enjoy all the references in, I hope there is some mention of Mario kart.

8 Likes

It’s been over a year since the voice cast was revealed, time flies

Anyway, I’m interested in seeing how it turns out.

3 Likes

guys look it’s bowser

6 Likes

you know what? I’m kinda looking forward to this. the poster looks really nice, and there are some pretty neat details like one of the toads houses having separate blocks for stairs, and all the pipes look really nice

1 Like

Even if this movie is bad, I’m hoping the trend of video game movies can continue. I’d love to see more Nintendo films

1 Like

I am excited for the memes.

1 Like

I just hope they don’t get too illumination ish with the movie.

1 Like

I hope they do. Will make it more hilarious.

2 Likes

im kinda looking forward to it…

While it is generally known that Illumination isn’t that good at writing stories for their movies, especially in the more recent ones, settling for humour instead of story, this might still end up as a pretty good one.
At the very least it will have good models and nice enough animation.
But it is guaranteed that it will be better than the other Mario movie.

I don’t really care about the movie itself, which I expect to be glitzy, colorful, and a little too mouthy, but ultimately forgettable - I’m dreading seeing Illumination oversaturate the hell out Mario. Get ready to see him in dozens of cross-promotions for random products

2 Likes

It’s really not though

Well, the characters look like they are supposed to.

1 Like

half an hour till trailer drops

You mean the Kellogg’s stuff he’s already on?

Nintendo Direct: The Super Mario Bros. Movie - YouTube
trailer coming soon

1 Like

Picture1
Illumination made a relatively unknown (and capitalism critiquing) character like the Lorax shill for Mazda and shoved minions anywhere they would fit. Imagine what they’ll try to do with character who’s already highly marketable like Mario

3 Likes

That is the most hilarious fake award I have ever seen.

Also the trailer was a lame cooperate bore. I’d rather watch the old Mario movie.

2 Likes