Mask Powers [Worldbuilding?]

Ha haha ha, funny, you’re funny.

4 Likes

Sure, or perhaps an area that’s clouded with ash and smoke, or obviously underwater. You seem to be forgetting that Gali can control water, what’s to stop her from coating herself in it? Her mask makes her immune to drowning, and the water acts as a buffer against any attacks made against her.

Or she could allow herself an air bubble. 'Tis a much simpler solution.

I was offering a way that she could take advantage of her mask power, and an air bubble wouldn’t work, it would fill up with CO2.

Only if she’s using it for a long period of time, which I doubt she’d have to in most scenarios.

Hey, all the clone trooper helmets are all the same mold, yet are very distinct.

Do you have a suggestion for a new mask power?

Of the mask powers that existed in G1, I can see Gali with a mask of detection. Being able to find whatever you want whenever you need it has a lot of applications.

That might be to similar to the Akaku though.

1 Like

While that’s already been stated, and has some obvious benefits, there are a couple issues that might hinder it’s performance, at least in my opinion:

1. First, the scanning function. Nexo Powers work as an app gimmick because they are flat. While the masks should be proped up so that they are flat compared to the screen, there will, most likely, be a wide variety of mask sizes, colors, shapes, etc. that, I think, will effect the program. I’m no computer guy, but Nexo powers are all the same shape for a reason. If they were all different, there would have to be a lot more time, effort, and budget put into it, which Lego may frown upon since Bionicle G2 already failed.

2. Next, and this depends on the designs of the masks and such, but some of the masks are sure to be quite small; smaller, perhaps than the Nexo powers, I know themes such as Ninjago have had small collectibles before, but if mask powers were used in an app, and were sold in Mask Packs, as are Nexo Powers today, how many people will be willing to buy minifigure helmets for $5.00? In 2001, they sold for about the same price, but those were substantially larger; unless their is some extremely new, cool, and unique mold being offered via the mask packs, I’d certainly say that they would be a tad overpriced.

1 Like

You could just put the scanny thingy on the box, now it’s flat, and you can put a standardized rectangle around it so they’re all the same shape

While that works, it doesn’t stop people from just scanning all the boxes in stores, which, obviously, would contribute to the sales of G3 in the slightest.

You could put the scanning thing on the instruction booklet (that way they have to buy the set) though I feel that it would lessen the value of the actual parts. Plus then the mask packs would be even more of a problem, as all they are, are masks.

Why not save the scanning for a different collectible. Something that would be a lot easier to scan, like the Kanoka for example. Although if you really have your heart set on the Kanohi I’d say include little tokens with an image of the mask on one side and the scan bit on the other.

maybe have specific cards that come with the masks, so that they can be scanned?

1 Like

Kanoka could work. So could Nuva symbols, but most people ere want collectible masks which is why I’m going off of that.

Not too bad of a concept, though you still run into the same problem that the masks might be of lesser value, plus the mask pack situation. And while it works, tokens, I think, wouldn’t be the best medium for Lego to work with. How about…

Trading Cards!

Kapura’d

3 Likes

Try the instruction booklet

already brought that up:

1 Like

The Akaku requires a direct line-of-sight once all obstacles are accounted for, and you can only be so far away. With a mask of detection, the thing you need to find can be anywhere and you’ll be able to seek it out; and it can also see invisible people and objects.

In that case the Akaku is now obsolete.

The mask of detection in lore was like you described but it only could find the Mask of Life.

And it gave the user intense headaches.