Matoro Returns!

So you all thought that Matoro sacraficed himself to save Mata Nui… right? But why would the mask of life be cruel enough to murder the hero that saved us all! Of course it wouldn’t! The mask of life is LIFE, not death. After Matoro put on the mask he was struck by a power surge and blown to an unknown uninhabited island. The power surge he had in the pit has given him unlimited power. Ready to live to fight another day, Matoro seeks out to find his old teammates and stop evil. Now onto the pictures…

Matoro has a custom upper torso attached to a normal Hero Factory torso. He has individual articulated fingers so he can grip his Ice Pike.

He also has back armor so that he looks completed from all directions. One of my favorite parts is probably the lower legs and feet. They are just really neat imo.

I would love to show ya’ll more pictures but i can only post three pictures so that kinda sucks :expressionless: Anyways I hope you like the build, and best of all MATORO LIVES TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY!!!

19 Likes

So…
He’s really buff, and doesn’t really make me think Matoro.
But as a figure, the build is good, I suppose.

3 Likes

He is supposed to have been Hulk-ified by the Mask of Life :expressionless:

Mask of life works like mask of control confirmed.

doesn’t really feel like Matoro, and the lime feels out of place. And if this is Matoro after he used the mask of life why is he wearing his organic mask instead of a tryna?

6 Likes

#Matoro the Destroyer!

12 Likes

For a Matoro, 2/10

For a MOC, 7/10

3 Likes

BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY MATORO MASK I HAD!!! :expressionless:

That’s an automatic limit put in place on new users in order to limit spam-bots. Browse around the Boards a bit and you’ll be able to post more pics in no time. :smiley:

I for one like the idea of a “beefed up” Matoro. It works for me. The fur add-ons works quite well with the Matoro Inika mask. Here’s some constructive criticism (keep in mind that I say this only in the hopes that you can improve the MOC):

• The Nuva shoulder pads work to beef him up, but they don’t seem extremely logical in their current position. Are they meant to be extensions of the chest of shoulder add-ons?

• The upper legs feel a bit skinny and out of place because of their piston motifs

• I like what you’ve done for the silver boots, but they have too much texture. Do you have some smoother parts to use?

• Gunmetal fingers break the colour scheme and feel a bit too brutish. Got any silver exo-force arms?

• I like how the trans-light blue fits with the ice theme and the trans-neon green fits with the eyes, but the two together seem to clash a bit. Have you tried the MOC using just one of the two?

There’s no need to shout. Joel had a perfectly legitimate question.

MK. I like the colour scheme and boots and everything how it is, though. Except for the fingers. The only claws I have were from my skull spiders that came with my Tahu and my Lewa so… eh… maybe I can try and find some in my lego box but i definitely dont have 8 of them…

1 Like

Matoro XL looks like he’s taken some steroids

dunno how I feel about Matoro being buff…doesn’t fit his character

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to really fit Matoro, to be honest. While some things like the leg design are neat I still can’t see this as Matoro. Probably a better way to showcase unlimited power is to show a skinny Matoro with some trans. bones or something. There isn’t really a point into making him beefy.

1 Like

I think the trans colored pieces go well together. But I only wish there could be more of them.

for story this make Matoro sacrifice have less meaning, the MOC has really thin upper legs and the trans green gives me an eyesore

1 Like