(Meet the Maker) Artakha, who smiles upon Creation

Karzahni had an ability that allowed him to heal his armor, he never did it by hand.

I suppose Artakha could have it to as it does work quite well with his character.

isn’t at least 10 inches tall but w/e

1 Like

this has my vote

1 Like

Not every Artahka has to be a titan build.

Anywho, great little MOC. Love how it was built from a single lego set and how well you managed to use all the elements together.

1 Like

We’ll leave the topic open, however we are invoking rule 11.

7 Likes

that’s… really disappointing. i’d honestly hoped to enter the contest, and it really disheartening to be arbitrarily disqualified right off the bat and not even have anyone reach out or anything.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry, I would’ve helped to prevent this, but you didn’t give good enough support.

Just make this a lesson for the future, your MOC is quite good! but it seems that it shouldn’t be in a Bionicle contest, especially since it has no parts from the line.

I don’t know where anyone ever said that, ever.
System entries are fully acceptable in this contest, it’s up to the community to decide on whether they want system in their canonized appearance or not.
Bionicle isn’t necessarily defined by the pieces used, because if that was true than the system Bionicle sets from way back when aren’t “Bionicle”
It’s the theme that they’re licensed under and the lore/story that makes BIonicle, well, bionicle
I could make Tahu out of paper mache and it’d still be Bionicle

Well I wasn’t trying to say that this was the reason why it got disqualified, but it could’ve possibly been part of the reason why the mods were lead to believe it had bad faith.

Except I’ve seen about four or five other primarily system entries today, that weren’t disqualified
This was disqualified because it was perceived as a joke moc, seeing as it’s just a rebuild of an existing set in a vaguely humanoid form

Yes but they had at least some Bionicle parts in them, now that’s not to say that this MOC isn’t Bionicle because of that, it just doesn’t have the build.

Listen, I’m just saying that this could be part of the reason why it was perceived as a joke MOC.

Idk man I’ve seen some that were pretty heavily system. If there was bionicle parts, I didn’t see any.
And obviously there are parts that could be considered both bionicle and system, since they’ve been used in both

Any examples?

Additionally, in addition to the above:

This is a neat little build, don’t get me wrong, but it has no constraction pieces. So while “primarily system” MoCs are not being held to any specific ratio… zero constraction pieces isn’t a ratio. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I’ll try and find them, but I’ve got like 40 that I need to look through
VelociJACKtor’s has a nice blend between the two, though

only the issue is that people don’t vote on it because they want is as canon. If it’s seen as a joke, they vote to try to disrupt the contest.

3 Likes

I don’t see how I should have had to justify anything to you seeing as you are not a moderator. How would you have helped had I convinced you otherwise?

That’s fair enough, while it does have Technic parts in it, 31092 Helicopter Adventure does not contain any parts that are specifically constraction themed. Still, it’s disappointing to hear.

That, I think is the largest problem here. How do you know why someone is voting? It seems to me that you can just discount votes or entries based solely on your perception that it is a joke, even if it isn’t one

I’m disappointed to hear that my moc was disqualified, I really wanted to try my hand at making an entry into this contest, and it really bums me out that this entry I worked really hard on won’t be allowed but I guess there’s nothing I can do about it :frowning:

2 Likes

Ah well, there’s always the next contest

Well, I could’ve came here and tried to start an argument with some people who thought that your MOC was a joke to get things going, and then try to steer things in our direction to maybe even convince the mods that you were sincere, but things clearly wouldn’t go that way.

1 Like

From what i read, it seems that you are genuinely build this for serious reason rather than joke reason. While i can see the reason why it was diqualified, hope it does not stopped you to entering the next contest.

From what i see, it seems that you have quite a creativity, utilising only using a lego set. I quite enjoy how you make it into a small humanoid figure holding his little hammer too, make this moc looks quite cute.

Although if i were to give a critique, to me, it honestly looks more like keetongu polybag version than artakha really. Probably because of the red stud in the middle of his head. Maybe if you change some colour, you could have keetongu mini version.

That being said, i dont know why you decided to use entirely using a small lego set, which is fine but if you like dont have enough parts, i suggest you to use stud.io. It has a lot of parts that you could use to make a moc and colours that you could choose, although some parts may missing so you have to improvised a little. I hope you luck next time dude, sorry for you disqualification dude

2 Likes