Megatron TLK

I think we can all agree that Megatron looked pretty sick in The Last Knight. And, being a giant silver robot, he seemed feasible to make a MOC of.

“We were brothers once!” (Proceeds to get kicked into the stratosphere)
As you can see, as a result from the source material, he’s kind of bland color-wise. I wasn’t 100% faithful, though. The two most difficult parts were the head and the sword. I tried to replicate the spikes on the end, but it was impossible without making the sword look bad. As for the head, it’s a big lump of heresy, but I really like how it turned out. I’ll probably regret it down the line when I want a skull mask, though… Eh. Anyway, tell me your thoughts! He doesn’t transform, sadly, but let’s be honest, his movie design doesn’t even look like it has vehicle elements, lol.

31 Likes

That’s a great moc mate, the torso armoring is amazing, well done a very good use of silver.

3 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

I like the moc if I font see him as megatron, he is way to skinny to be him

3 Likes

Looks pretty neat! That head is sick!

4 Likes

Thank you! I was sort of worried about how people would recieve the head.

2 Likes

Very nice! The custom mask looks awesome.

3 Likes

I really am alone in not liking that design.

I can’t decide if I like this moc or not.

On one hand, aside from the awesome mask you made it doesn’t really evoke TLK megatron to me. Maybe because it’s not as thick as he is in the film, I’m not sure.

On the other hand I still think it looks like a cool moc.

Either way, i’d say good job.

3 Likes

That looks awesome! where i could get that same set or lego pieces???

3 Likes

Welcome to the boards, 7Anv
one step closer to making this joke unfunny

5 Likes

That’s an awesome Megs, your Optimus looks so spooked😂. Good job with that armor and painting his mask

3 Likes

Thanks! This was cobbled together from random silver parts if I remember correctly, but if you want to make something similar you’ll probably be fine if you find a bunch of silver G1 and G2/Hero Factory armor pieces. The most important element in my opinion is the mask, which is a mask from the Skull Grinder set with some other parts cut and glued to it with a red sharpie mark. Moderately regrettable in hindsight, to be honest, but it looked cool!

4 Likes

Oh u made it by urself? or with one u “edited” it?
I searched in hero factory but didnt found what i wanted
For example the sword the shield and mask/head where u got em?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a MOC (my own creation). Like I said the Mask and head are mostly from the Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder set from 2015. Holy cow I got old at some point The sword is made from some generic blade pieces that I think can be found on the Lewa set from 2015, and the gunmetal piece holding them together is from Gali 2015. The piece holding the crossguard together came from the Kylo Ren buildable figure if I had to guess. Those silver spikes on the guard could be from basically anywhere. The shield is from Bitil in 2008; but I dont remember specifically where the spike came from. Probably a random Hero Factory set.

3 Likes

That helped a lot! i think i found all the sets/things u said, the last thing u said the “the spike came from. Probably a random Hero Factory set.” is the spike at the bottom of the sword?

1 Like

Glad I could help! It could be, but I have a feeling it was attached to a tail or arm. Try checking around the 2.0 and savage planet sets frim HF, those are the ones I had.

1 Like