Menti, OOMN Agent and Wardám's Apostle

Species: Tobduk’s species
Kanohi: Rau, Great Mask of Translation (reforged)
Pieces: 134

Menti is a younger member of Tobduk’s species who was also present for the Visorak attack on their homeland. While Tobduk was wholly traumatized by the event and sought only revenge, Menti took this as a call to learn more about the universe at large.
Those things had to have come here and spread ruin for a reason, she thought, I have to know why.
Menti followed Tobduk into the Order of Mata Nui, but while he headed the Assassin Division, she took to the Intelligence Division. After many years in service, she was gifted a redesigned Kanohi Rau and special blades which can alter in tangibility in accordance to Menti’s will. As with all OOMN members, her mind is shielded from all interference.

Eventually, she would learn that the creatures that attacked her home were Visorak, created by the Brotherhood of Makuta. She was able to gain an audience with one of their rank, Wardám, who was able to convince her that the world was infected with impurities and that the Visorak attack showed that it could be cured, that she would be the one to cure it. Menti would pledge her loyalty to Wardám, believing that she was the key to saving Mata Nui.

Trivia

• Menti’s name comes from the Spanish words meaning “I lied,” referencing her future as a spy for Makuta Wardám’s inner circle within the Order of Mata Nui.
  • It’s a total coincidence that Menti’s and Wardám’s part counts ended up being so close to each other.
18 Likes

And here I thought that was just a funny coincidence.

6 Likes

I used a Latin word Luchendi for my toa of plant life/Great being. which in English it means to fight

6 Likes

Interesting since luchar means to fight in Spanish.

6 Likes

I’ll be adding that to my list of potential root words for names :wink:

5 Likes

Spanish is a Romance language, one of several languages based on Latin. That likely explains the similarities between the words.

2 Likes

I’m aware. Not all Latin words line up that nicely with Spanish, but some do. I didn’t know about this one, so it’s noteworthy.

3 Likes