Meratan, Toa of Fire

Finished my new OC MOC, shall I introduce, Meratan, Toa of Fire!

More pics: Meratan, Toa of Fire | Flickr

Bio: Meratan, Toa of Fire by MrBoltTron on DeviantArt

So, I’m talking about his inspiration, which is going to be a bit complicated to explain.
Originally, a yer ago I was thinking speedster character who was Toa of Fire before and got cyberized by Primotox in Toa Empire universe, and got a codename “Atom”. In that time, he was inspired from Quicksilver character who appeared from The Avengers Age of Ultron movie.
However, I never got around to build him, due to lack of compatible red parts before. Meanwhile, when I was surfing on internet (before Christmas I guess), and watched MGSV The Phantom Pain walkthroughs, I saw one villain called “Man on Fire”. It tempted me to revisit my scrapped character (kinda not so linkage on my scrapped OC) and remade it into different character, based on Man on Fire.
Another inspiration for his purple arm, which is amputated arm of Gravity Toa. The idea boosted more when I watched (Spoilers if you haven’t played or watched walkthrough) MGS2, where Ocelot has Liquid Snake’s amputated arm. I can’t excactly remember about it, correct me if necessary. The idea also came from (Spoilers!) TF Prime season 2 where Megatron has one of Thirteen Prime’s amputated arm.
By far, Meratan is my new favourite MOC, second being now Olarokh. Anyhoo, comments and criticisms are welcomed and appreciated, this has been MrBT, and I’ll see ya next time!

123 Likes

Daaaaaaannnngggg.
That’s AWESOME.

1 Like

I remember seeing this on Flickr, and my god is it amazing. I can’t think of any criticism really, as this is certainly some phenomenal work you’ve got here, sir.

2 Likes

This guy is pretty great! The back of the legs look a bit awkward and a lot of technic is exposed though I don’t see much you can do there. I feel like the thighs are a bit thin too. The hip armor is great as is in general the detailing on this moc.

1 Like

Epic. Fantastic job.

2 Likes

He looks really fantastic!

If I were to nitpick, I’d probably point out that his legs seem a bit to wide apart.

Out of curiosity, is the whole Toa Empire backstory what you’re going with for this guy, or was that just for the original?

2 Likes

That’s amazing! He just needs some more purple in the legs.

1 Like

This MOC is absolutely wonderful, love how well it flows and the weapons. I really do get some ‘Man on Fire’ vibes out of him too.

1 Like

The color scheme really shines!

1 Like

It’s so beautiful! Honestly never thought of red and purple together for fire, but it looks really cool!

2 Likes

THOSE COLORS!!!:smiley:

1 Like

Oh wow…

Magneto has met his match in color scheme.

3 Likes

holy cow he’s super beefy!
the anatomy is the stuff of god-tier art.

1 Like

I’m in love with the colors, but holy crap that’s a lot of greebling. Regardless, nice!

1 Like

That colour scheme my god

1 Like

As I’ve commented before, on Flickr, its a pretty nice MOC, although, I would suggest using cut light saber rods on the knee armor connection. also, the silver on 2016 Tahus Mask kinda doesn’t match with anything. Like, there are some silver spots on Meratans Torso and legs, but that is not enough. If there were a version of that mask with purple top/hair or whatever on the mask, It would’ve been perfect for this MOC, now as it stands there’s not enough of the silver to match the silver on the Mask. Love shaping on this guy, although it is a little bit messy on the back of his lower legs and on the top of his shoulders (although it is your style to have a bit messy shoulders). Armor layering seems to be pretty good, but that hole in the armor on his knees just catches my eye on every photo (there’s just nothing to fill that gap and it is so big and you can see the gray extender and it just doesn’t work with the color scheme of the MOC it just ruins the impression a bit). Despite all that this MOC is really good. (Except as I’ve mentioned on Flickr it really reminds me of someone’s MOC…But its not a copy at all so its just a tiny nitpick)

In conclusion I can only say that this is really well done MOC! Good job!

Thanks for reading this entire paragraph!

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic I’m loving it!!

1 Like

Too…much…detail…must…stop…looking!

Very detailed, well done. I really like the mixture of colours.

1 Like

Epic!

1 Like

By the bricks!

2 Likes