Holy complex Batman!

3 Likes

It is an original concept for Toa Empire’s aftermath timeline

1 Like

He reminds me of the early toa of Metru Nui. Hes really cool! Good job

2 Likes

Woah! This MOC is amazing.

1 Like

ha, wow. I REALLY don’t see many people with your kind of skill!

Every time I comment I try to at least leave some advice, but in this situation, I am nearly lost for words. There is very little I can think of to tell you about this MOC that needs improvement, but I’ll try. The primary issue of this MOC is a simple color scheme issue. The mask used here, while pretty well fitting to the MOC has a large amount of gunmetal silver on it. A color that I can’t find in the rest of the MOC. While there are silver and gray parts, they are limited and can only do so much to balance out the mask. This color imbalance is only however a small fix. Simply replace a few small detail parts with gray, or gunmetal silver. Quick, easy fix. Another thought I came up with about this MOC, though it is more of a personal preference that I believe would look better on the MOC (meaning this isn’t really a problem, it’s just something I would like to see), is the fire sword. Though I really like swords that extend directly from the forearm, I would like to see on this MOC a large greatsword instead (However definitely keep the same piece for the blade). Your MOC has a very knight-like quality to it and I think a large sword (not necessarily a two hand sword, but that would be cool) would really bring it together. The reason I list the sword as an issue I have with this MOC is that the current sword, while nice, doesn’t appear (in my opinion) to belong to the rest of the MOC. I guess when I saw your MOC I was reminded of Optimus Prime from Transformers Age of Extinction, and while that may not be the best movie out there, Optimus looked SO cool in it. Anyway, I hope my advice helped, although you seem to have a pretty good handle on making these MOCs.

Have fun MOCing,
Jordan Will

Oh, and one more thought: If you do choose to give it a sword, I think it would be really awesome to switch the name from “Meratan, Toa of Fire” to “Meratan, The Knight of Fire” or something, since your MOC is so much like a knight.

1 Like

I’ve followed your work for a while now, and out of all of your creations, I think this is my favorite :relaxed:

1 Like

@TechnoVirus

Thank you very much for criticizing my Meratan =)

I will try to update him in future, probably when I get another Tahu 16 set and repaint it into full red, maybe if I’m going on that conclusion.

Cutting lightsabers, I would do it, but I challenged myself for not using any modificated part (except one that is getting through of ribcage armor lower hole and through the pin, but doesn’t affect anything). I would say that those are his knee smokestacks (weird concept yes, but not making excuses).

I can try to fill his knee using some parts to cover up. And maybe paint friction extenders into red in future.

Thanks for criticism! c=

@JordanWill

Hello, and thank you for the constructive criticism =)

I can try to balance some areas to balance his colorscheme, what you mentioned about his mask.

And Meratan’s Inferno Sword, I can see what you mean by that. I wanted to create something a bit different compared for my older MOCs, however, I appreciate your idea still (though I was planning to build a bigger sword for Meratan in future, kinda like Megatron having Dark Star Saber, except it is not going to be shadow elemented or something). I will try it out =)

Thanks for criticism! c=

3 Likes

I really like this. I absolutely love the trans-purple on him, especially the left arm! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh yeah, about your criticism. It may appear that I made a bit unbalanced reply (since I didn’t mean to do it).

I understand what you mean about his back of lower legs, yes, I could have done better, especially covering. I know the thighs are “thin”, maybe in future I can try to bulk them up slightly.

Anyhoo, thanks for a small criticism! =)

1 Like

That left arm is my favorite thing about this MOC.

1 Like

I like the moc. I like how the red and purple just go together. I wouldn’t change anything at all on this moc.

1 Like

Im getting Baymax Vibes from this

1 Like

@Rataghast pretty close, I think, however, Meratan might be a bit more chiseled out!

Oh my banana jeebies!!! This is amazing. Glad you didn’t just make it the stereotypical fire color (red and orange) and added that purple! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Whatevenisthatitssocoolhowmyminddoesn’tcomprehend.

1 Like

Lovely as always

1 Like

D a m n, nice use of the iron man chest plate

1 Like

Really like the choice you made of using trans purple. I really like the shaping of your moc and it looks very well organized.

1 Like

Have you tried it with the 2015 Tahu mask? The current mask is shaped really well but the dark red and silver don’t really seem to fit with the rest of the MOC. Other than that this MOC is phenomenal.

1 Like