Methods of fixing Broken pieces

So I bet everyone here has a broken lego piece of sorts, be it a lime joint or a Lego tile. So this is here to share your methods of fixing said pieces. I personally would benefit, and I’m sure others would to.

3 Likes

Tape is a terrible idea. It looks bad and doesn’t hold too well unless you have a mass of it. Super glue isn’t much better.

6 Likes

Black magic has worked for me.

9 Likes
12 Likes

I melt it.

Then I leave it there.

As a puddle of Lego

11 Likes

I tried a soldering iron once. Great at first, but it ruins it if you leave it on the piece for more than a fraction of a second

1 Like

I tried superglue on the cracked lime hands, It broke in 4 different places. Turns out the split was relieving stress. ;_;

3 Likes

It’s complicated.

I mostly just put them on the sidewalk, and watch them burn.

3 Likes

It’s really just easier (and sometimes cheaper) to order a new part.

1 Like

Ok, basically the easiest way to do it is to get gross and unsalvageable pieces and dunk them in 100% acetate. The resulting goo can be used to patch up slightly broken pieces.

3 Likes

There is a way, okay ready guys… just buy new pieces cause there is now way to fix them

7 Likes

I never fix pieces, I just take advantage of them being broken. For instance, people who complain about, say, Av limbs breaking at the socket don’t seem to notice that they sill have a leg with some pin and axle wholes, and a perfectly fine ball joint.

4 Likes

Same. I had a 2008 joint lose part of the ball socket, but I used it as a method of giving the figure extra mobility.

2 Likes

Works every time.

1 Like

Has anyone ever broken a ccbs joint? They seem impenetrable.

1 Like

These are the only images I could find on the net.
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/10205/142229276a9c3733.jpg

I bet they were really violent with the pieces for this to happen.

7 Likes

Yes
So many

I hate it

1 Like

I went to the HF attraction in LegoLand Florida
All of the ball sockets were cracked

5 Likes

Hero Factory is lower quality. /s

2 Likes

Here’s the basic guide

10 Likes